The apron is one of the most popular basic kitchen tools. Discover the reasons why you should use it and how to take care of it.
Without a doubt, you cannot think of the world of cooking and recipes without the typical kitchen apron, because it does not matter if you are a professional cook or not, it is undoubtedly a basic to prepare your best recipes. Beyond helping you to keep your clothes clean and stains do not reach them while you prepare your favorite dishes, aprons are a really important instrument and here we tell you why.
WHY IS IT IMPORTANT TO WEAR AN APRON IN THE KITCHEN?
- Avoid diseases: Prevents the transfer of germs and bacteria from clothing to food.
- Protects against burns: Acts as a shield against splashes and spills of oil or hot water.
- Take care of your clothes: In addition to preventing stains from reaching it, it helps it not wear out.
- Reduce accidents: Easier to remove from a spill or burn that can cause injury than clothing, it reduces the risk of injury.
- Have everything at hand: Most have pockets that can be used to store small utensils such as spoons or tongs, thus saving you time.
You are interested: Why you should not use chlorine in excess
BASICS TO USE APRONS CORRECTLY
- It should be comfortable and easily fit your body.
- It is recommended that it be long and covers from the chest to above the knees.
- Avoid using it outside of the kitchen to avoid cross contamination.
- Always keep it close at hand, on a small hook on the wall or in an easily accessible place.
- Choose the length that best suits you.
- Use cloth ones, as plastic ones are better for other activities like cleaning.
- Those made of fabric, especially cotton, allow you to easily wash them and adjust better to your body.
- Use those that cover from the waist to the legs, only if you wear another garment like a Filipina on top.
You are interested in: Basics that you must have in the kitchen
TIPS TO CLEAN YOUR APRONS
- Soak for 15 minutes before washing.
- Mix 1 cup of white vinegar with 1 tablespoon of baking soda to remove stains.
- To disinfect them, you can soak them in boiling water for 15 min and then wash regularly.
- Use the washing machine to clean them, you should wash them at least every two or three days.
Find more cooking tips in Easy Kitchen