Natural remedies can be perfect for your health and even lose weight. Today we teach you how to prepare the artichoke tea and we tell you everything you need to know to decide whether or not you should take it.
It may interest you: Drinking wine before bed helps you lose weight, science says
What is artichoke?
The artichoke is a vegetable, known as thistle in Egyptian times, made up of different green leaves.
Originally it comes from the western Mediterranean, specifically Ethiopia, but over the years and conquests its consumption became popular, as well as its medicinal use and it was taken to different countries, mainly to regions with temperate climates. Currently Italy is the main producer.
Do not miss: 23 recipes that you can prepare with artichokes
- Minerals (sodium, potassium, phosphorus, calcium and magnesium)
- Vitamin (B1, B3 and C)
- Enzymes and amino acids (pepsin, chymosin and parachymosin)
You are interested: Learn about oregano tea and its benefits
Artichoke tea benefits
Although the artichoke is perfect for preparing all kinds of dishes such as soups, salads or stews, one of the most popular ways to take advantage of its medicinal properties is infused, as this helps to preserve most of its nutrients. Here are all the reasons why it is good to drink artichoke tea:
- Helps fight hypertension, the components of its leaves are perfect for reducing blood pressure.
- It is a source of antioxidants, which protect the entire body from free radical damage and fight oxidative stress.
- It is excellent for keeping cholesterol under control, as well as triglycerides and thus preventing cardiovascular diseases.
- It has digestive properties, it helps regulate constipation and different stomach ailments.
- It is a diuretic, improves kidney function, helps eliminate toxins and prevents fluid retention in the body, thus acting as a natural laxative that can accelerate weight loss.
- It is very good for promoting the production of bile in the liver, which is why it is recommended in the treatment of diseases such as gout, arthritis and liver diseases.
- Thanks to its high content of vegetable fibers, it absorbs water from the stomach and gives a feeling of fullness for longer. This nutrient also helps control blood sugar levels and promotes the digestion of fats.
You are interested: Why green tea helps you lose weight
How to make artichoke tea?
There are two ways to prepare it, the first is by boiling the entire head of the artichoke, but the most recommended is the following:
- Separate 20 grams of fresh artichoke leaves and wash them well.
- Bring a cup of water (250 ml) to a boil.
- Add the artichoke leaves, boil for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and let it rest for 5 more minutes.
- After it cools down a bit, strain the leaves and serve.
You can’t miss: What foods should you eat to take care of your feet?
The effects of artichoke tea can vary from person to person, so to know the exact amounts in which you can take it, you should consult your doctor, especially if your purpose is to lose weight. Some of the side effects include allergic reactions, abdominal bloating, and diarrhea.
Find more health and nutrition tips in Easy Kitchen