The taro It is one of the ingredients that has become very popular in recent years. Here we tell you everything about it and its benefits.
It may interest you: 10 benefits of beets that you will love
WHAT IS TARO AND WHAT ARE THE PROPERTIES IT GIVES YOU
It is a very popular plant in the gastronomy of French Polynesia, it is usually consumed the root, leaves and its tuber that receives the same name as taro and has acquired great fame throughout the world.
Taro must be eaten cooked, as raw it is toxic, so when preparing it, the crust must be carefully removed, later it can be used for cold, baked, roasted or steamed recipes.
The color of taro usually depends on the place where it is grown, it can be white, pink or purple, the latter is the best known and consumed precisely because it gives that peculiar shade between purple and lavender to recipes.
It is also known as taro and although it was previously used to prepare soups and stews, today it is widely used to prepare drinks and ice cream. In addition to its peculiar color, its flavor is very light, many describe it as a mixture of walnut, vanilla, sweet potato and a delicious floral touch.
You are interested: What is propolis and what are its health benefits
- Improves digestion, fights constipation.
- Its high content of dietary fiber regulates insulin and glucose in the blood.
- Reduces the risk of diabetes.
- It is good for visual health.
- Its vitamin C contributes to the proper functioning of the immune system.
- Relieve the stress.
- It reduces blood pressure, thanks to the fact that its potassium relaxes veins and blood vessels.
- It provides a good amount of antioxidants that fight free radical damage.
- It helps with blood circulation.
- It is rich in minerals such as calcium and iron, so it helps prevent anemia.
Do not miss: The benefits of tomato, make it a snack!
HOW TO USE?
Although you can buy the tuber, peel it and cook it to add it to your recipes, the most practical way to use it is as a powder.
This can be found in self-service stores or health food stores, and you can use it to prepare tea, smoothies, smoothies and different desserts.
Discover more health and nutrition tips for you and your family in Easy Kitchen