The grass or lemon tea It is one of the favorites of grannies for its great benefits and today we present it to you. Also follow the step by step to prepare it.
It may interest you: 12 benefits of drinking lemon water every morning
WHAT IS ZACATE TEA AND WHAT ARE ITS BENEFITS?
Herb tea, also known as lemon or zacatillo tea, is one of the most popular beverages thanks to its great health benefits. It is a perennial plant, distinguished by having long leaves and a strong lemon or citrus aroma. It is native to India, but is currently produced in different areas of the world, mainly in hot climates.
You are interested: 4 types of healthy teas and their benefits that you should take advantage of
BENEFITS OF TAKING IT IN TEA
- Neutralizes fat levels in the blood
- Reduces triglyceride and cholesterol levels.
- Thanks to its antioxidants, it is a natural anti-inflammatory.
- Stimulates good digestion.
- Its potassium helps to dilate blood vessels, improving circulation and reducing stress on the heart.
- Relieves headaches and muscle aches.
- Lowers blood pressure.
- Helps relieve colds as it reduces fever and discomfort such as cough.
- Encourage relaxation.
- It works as a detoxifier that helps eliminate what your body does not require.
- Fight gases.
- It is a good diuretic.
You are interested: Benefits of cinnamon tea that you should know
HOW TO PREPARE IT?
Bring 1/2 liter of water to boil, when it boils, add 2 tablespoons of dried lemon grass leaves, boil for 5 more minutes, turn off the heat, let it rest for 10 more minutes, strain and serve.
You can’t miss: What happens when you freeze lemon water?
OTHER NAMES BY WHICH ZACATE TEA IS KNOWN
- Lemon tea
- Lemon straw
- Lemon grass
- Lemon grass
Discover more health and nutrition tips in Easy Kitchen for you and your family