From our moms and grandmothers we have learned an infinity of home remedies, and today we have to discover What is horsetail for?.
It is a kind of shrub that derives from the combination of two plants, the equus horse and the sacta sow, and it is one of the oldest plants on Earth: it is said that it already existed since the Paleozoic era, for more than 400 million years.
Since ancient times, this plant was used for various ailments, and today, it remains one of the most precious remedies of herbalism.
Keep reading and know all its benefits.
It may interest you: Discover the benefits of each fruit juice
What is horsetail for?
- Helps to lose weight: it has a powerful diuretic effect that flushes toxins from the body through urine, which makes it a great ally for weight loss.
- Combat fluid retention: its diuretic effect is also useful to prevent fluid retention and edema. In addition, it favors organic purification.
- Eliminates urinary tract infections: it has an antiseptic effect that eliminates bacteria that cause urinary tract infections, such as cystitis, urethritis, kidney stones and prostatitis.
- Strengthens nails: it is rich in silicon, a mineral that strengthens and makes nails grow. To take advantage of these benefits, soak your nails in an infusion of horsetail for 10 or 15 minutes.
- Clean wounds: it is a natural astringent, as well as anti-hemorrhagic and healing. You can apply with a damp cloth on superficial wounds.
- Improves the appearance of the skin: it favors the elasticity of the tissues, beneficial to repair damaged and dry skin.
What is the ponytail for? (Photo: Getty Images)Do not miss: Benefits of banana tea to sleep better and how to prepare it
How to make an infusion
Horsetail is eaten fresh or dried, and you can find it in different presentations in herbal stores. Whatever, its effects will be the same. Of course, its preparation may vary depending on which presentation you choose:
Fresh: boil 30 to 50 g for every liter of water. It makes you 2 or 3 cups a day.
Dry: boil 10 to 20 g per liter of water. Makes 2 to 3 cups daily.
Discover more foods with great benefits for your health and nutrition in Easy Kitchen