Have you already started a home garden? We bet you want to grow a lot of rich things organically and, of course, you can’t miss one broccoli plant.
Yes! This super healthy food can also be grown in your home. We tell you how to do it in an easy way so that you enjoy a good harvest and of course, all the benefits of this vegetable.
It may interest you: Discover how to make broccoli a healthier food
How to grow a broccoli plant at home
- Broccoli seeds
- Medium pot
- Compost soil
Do not miss: Do you like plants and do not have space?
- Fill the pot with the soil. Dampen it a bit to make it easier.
- Set the seeds 4 to 6 inches apart so the broccoli will grow smoothly.
- Cover the seeds with soil and flatten the soil a little with the palms of your hands.
- Place the pot in a cool, shady place, since broccoli grows in cold temperatures.
- Be very careful: broccoli also requires moist soil, so you must water it every time it begins to dry out.
You are interested: Learn to germinate and grow your own blueberries, it is very easy!
Health benefits of broccoli
And to encourage you to plant your broccoli plant, we share the benefits of this food:
- It has very few calories, it is ideal to include in the diet!
- In fact, its consumption is recommended in cases of obesity, high cholesterol and hypertension.
- It is rich in fiber, magnesium, folic acid, vitamins A and C.
- It has glucosinolates, components that protect against cancer.
- Thanks to its folic acid content, its consumption is recommended during pregnancy.
Discover more tips for your home and garden in Super practical Easy Kitchen