If we agree on something, it is that the tlayuda It’s one of our favorite Sunday treats, and you can have it at home today! That is why we share this delicious recipe for you to share with your family!
It may interest you: 3 delicious ways to prepare tlayudas
Tlayuda with guacamole recipe
- Preparation time: 20 minutes
- Servings: 4
- 4 tlayudas
- 2 avocados
- 1 serrano pepper, chopped
- ¼ onion finely chopped
- 2 lemons
- 1 mango in thin slices
- 2 baby corn roasted and in pieces
- 1 jalapeno pepper sliced
- 2 pickles in thin slices
- ½ cup of fresh pomegranate
- 2 radishes, thinly sliced
- ½ cup coriander leaves
- 3 tbsp. Of olive oil
- ½ cup of holy basil leaves
Don’t Miss: Who Invented the Serial Tortilla Maker?
- Smash the avocados with the serrano pepper, onion and lemon juice; salt pepper.
- Spread over the tlayudas, arrange the rest of the ingredients and finish with the olive oil and salt.
You are interested: Since when does popcorn exist?
Curiosities about the tlayudas that you should know
- Its name comes from Nahuatl tlao-li, which means “shelled corn.” In addition, it has the Spanish suffix uda, which means “abundance.”
- The ideal size of the tlayuda is 30 centimeters in diameter, in which all its ingredients should fit perfectly.
- The traditional tlayudas have the following ingredients: beans, dried meat enchilada, quesillo, chorizo, jerky and chile de agua.
- It is believed that this dish arose during the Conquest, in the central valleys of Oaxaca.
- The tlayuda is part of the group of tortilla variants that exist in Mexico. According to studies done by the UNAM, there are around 20 types of tortillas in Mexico.
Did you like this recipe? Then stay in Easy Kitchen and discover more delicious ideas to enjoy your weekend with the family
Subscribe to your favorite magazines at susubscription.com