One of the most common sequelae that the population that was infected by COVID-19 is presenting is the Hair loss.
Experts clarify that it is a temporary pathology, known as telogen effluvium and that it usually lasts a period of between 3 and 6 months, which can be lost from 400 to 500 hairs daily.
Not only that: the emotional and physical stress caused by the disease, in addition to the lack of exposure to the sun, are mitigating this problem.
If you also had COVID-19 and are going through this situation, we give you some tips so that your hair does not suffer the consequences and you can avoid or mitigate its fall.
Do not miss: Depression, anxiety and insomnia: the mystery of how COVID-19 affects the brain
Tips to avoid and stop hair loss
- Have a balanced diet: include foods such as salmon, carrots, eggs, avocado and oysters in your meals. And avoid excesses!
- Stay hydrated: drink 2.5 liters of water daily. Hydration is very important to strengthen your immune system and also for the health of the scalp.
- Vitamin E, biotin and collagen are substances that help hair growth and strengthening. Take them in food or supplements.
- Chamomile tea is an ally for hair. Drink at least 1 cup daily.
- To wash your hair, opt for natural shampoos and conditioner. One of the best is rosemary and you can easily prepare it at home.
- Wash your hair with warm or cold water to avoid burning it.
Remember: If despite following these cares, and after the time of the sequel, you are experiencing recurrent hair loss, consult your doctor so that he can give you an appropriate treatment.
Learn more information to take care of your health and nutrition in Easy Kitchen