It is becoming easier to find fresh tuna in the markets. That is why we have selected the nine best recipes with fresh tuna from Directo al Paladar, so that you have them on hand and you can prepare them when you get a good loin of this delicious ingredient.
Fresh tuna, both white and red, as well as almadraba or even the cheapest varieties such as yellow fin, it’s a lean-meat blue fish whose texture is somewhat reminiscent of meat, so it’s easy to get the whole family to like it.
Quesadilla Hack Three Delicious And Easy Triangle Filling Ideas
Nine recipes with fresh tuna to enjoy in summer
Beyond the classic nigiris, or bluefin tuna sashimi, this fish has many possibilities in the kitchen. In addition to tartar, the tuna is very rich in recipes in which it is slightly marked. The secret to making it good is not to cook it too much to prevent it from drying out. Of the nine recipes that we suggest below, which one is the most appetizing?
1. Fresh tuna timbale with roasted peppers
- Ingredients: 250 gr of fresh tuna, 1 yellow pepper, 1 green pepper and 4 piquillo peppers (canned)
- preparation: We start by leaving the tuna at room temperature, if we can, about 30 minutes before cooking. To prepare the peppers quickly, we cut them into pieces, sprinkle them with a pinch of coarse salt and mix them with a tablespoon of olive oil, inside a glass container, cooking them in the microwave on grill function for 5 minutes. You can also cook them in the oven for about 15 minutes at 190ºC. While they are baking, we grill the piquillo peppers until they are slightly browned. Once the yellow and green peppers are baked, we take them out and remove their skin. If we want we can cut them into strips, although it is not necessary. With a ring or plating mold, we place layers of pepper by colors, trying to give the timpani some height. We make the grilled tuna taco over high heat so that its surface is browned and the interior remains uncooked, which will remain warm. It is important that the tuna is very fresh and it is advisable that you freeze it for 48 hours to avoid the risk of anisakis. Once all its faces are browned, we take it out and cut it into fillets about three millimeters thick as you can see in the collage. We mount the tuna loins inside the timbale, so that each piece sits on top of the previous one and sprinkle with some crystals or sea salt flakes. We make a vinaigrette with olive oil and soy sauce, we emulsify it and use it to stain the plate and cover the food. We remove the ring and serve immediately.
Complete recipe | Fresh tuna timbale with roasted peppers
2. Tuna tartare
- Ingredients: 300 g Fresh tuna (loin), Soy sauce, 15 ml, Wok sauce, 15 ml, Yellow pepper, 50 g, Celery, 15 g, Mayonnaise, 15 g, Lemon juice, 15 ml, Mild olive oil, Lettuce head (to present), Sesame seeds (to present), Capers 20 g
- Preparation: We chop the tuna loin into very fine pieces, that is, we chop it. We do this process with a knife, so we need one that is well sharpened, otherwise, instead of chopping it, we will crush it. Mix the minced tuna with the soy sauce and the wok sauce and let it marinate in the fridge for 15 minutes. Chop the pepper into fine brunoise and, in a frying pan, fry it in a tablespoon of olive oil, over a very low heat. Once ready, remove the pan from the heat and let the pepper cool down. Meanwhile, finely chop the celery and also the capers. When the pepper has cooled, we add it to the minced tuna along with the celery and capers. We remove. Finally, we add the mayonnaise sauce and the lemon juice. We stir again until integrated and serve immediately on lettuce bud leaves, washed and drained, and sprinkled with sesame seeds, to provide a crunchy touch.
Complete recipe | Tuna tartare
3. Puttanesca tuna
- Ingredients: A 1 cm high slice of tuna, 1 piquillo pepper, 1/2 chilli, 2 ripe tomatoes, 1 clove of garlic, 6 anchovies, 10 capers and 4 black olives
- preparation: As if we were before a pasta recipe, the first thing is to prepare the sauce, which has to be like a thick tomato sauce. To do this, we start by chopping the piquillo pepper and half a chilli well, and putting it to brown in the pan with a little olive oil. Add the peeled and diced ripe tomatoes and let them cook with the pepper, stirring from time to time while the sauce thickens. Chop the anchovies and capers and add them to the pan. When we see that the sauce is almost ready, we make the grilled tuna, letting it cook for a minute and a half on each side, so that it is done on the outside and with a little less done on the inside. When the tuna is cooked, we place the slice on the plate and cover the tuna with the freshly made puttanesca sauce. Then we decorate it with the pitted black olives cut in half, serving immediately.
Complete recipe | Puttanesca tuna
4. Miso glazed tuna
- Ingredients: Fresh tuna 400 g, Miso 30 ml, Honey 15 ml, Rice vinegar 15 ml, Mirin or white wine 5 ml, Lemon juice 3 ml, Low salt soy sauce 15 ml, Extra virgin olive oil and a little more for the grill 5 ml, Sesame seeds, Fresh beans in their pods 1 kg, Fresh fennel (leaves) or dill, Capers 15 ml, Lemon juice and its zest 5 ml, Ground black pepper, Extra virgin olive oil, Salt.
- Preparation: Mix all the sauce ingredients in a bowl (up to 5 ml of oil), beating well to obtain a homogeneous cream, not too thick or too runny. Dry the tuna with kitchen paper, arrange in a deep plate and brush with a little of the sauce. Let it marinate while we prepare the salad. Remove the beans from the pods. Put water to heat and blanch them for a couple of minutes, depending on the size. Drain quickly, better if we let them cool in a cold bowl on ice. The outer skin will have been darker and it is easy to remove it, very gently so as not to break it too much. Arrange in a bowl, add the capers, the chopped fennel leaves, the zest and lemon juice and oil to taste. Salt and pepper lightly and mix well. For the tuna, heat a little oil on a griddle or a good frying pan and cook round and round. Add the sauce on both sides to glaze the fish. We can use the grill for the final touch if we have the oven on, or give it a touch of a blowtorch. Serve with an extra final layer of sauce if we have leftovers, and sesame seeds.
Complete recipe | Miso glazed tuna with green bean salad
5. Tuna tataki with salmorejo
- Ingredients: For the tataki, 2 tacos of sirloin, morrillo or tuna loin of about 150 gr each, soy sauce and a few drops of sesame oil. For the salmorejo, 6 red tomatoes, 2 cloves of garlic, 6 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil, 6 slices of stale bread and a drizzle of vinegar. To decorate, extra virgin olive oil with chopped parsley, a few drops of soy sauce and alfalfa sprouts
- preparation: We put the pieces of tuna in maceration, in a plate with soy sauce and a few drops of sesame oil. While it is marinating, we prepare a salmorejo, using the blender in which we put the chopped tomatoes, the garlic cloves and the slices of bread soaked in water. After beating a little, we will obtain a thick cream. Next we are adding the extra virgin olive oil and the vinegar, so that they are incorporated into the cream. Once to our liking, we taste and rectify the salt. If we want the finest salmorejo, we pass it through the Chinese and reserve in the fridge. Once marinated, we cut the pieces of tuna fillet into two or three portions each. In a very hot griddle, or a frying pan with very little oil, we mark them on each side with a very high heat. We will only do it for a minute, so we will try to make it crunchy, and the heat penetrates the entire slice. We place the salmorejo in the center of the plate, and surround it with extra virgin olive oil scented with chopped parsley. On the salmorejo, we place some alfalfa sprouts. We place the pieces of loin around the salmorejo, putting a drizzle of parsley oil and soy from the marinade on top of the pieces so that the colors contrast.
Complete recipe | Tuna tataki with salmorejo
6. Tuna tacos marinated with thyme and lemon
- Ingredients: Coarse salt 300 g, Sugar 100 g, Fresh thyme branch 2, Lemon zest 2, Fresh tuna 200 g, Extra virgin olive oil, Cherry tomato to decorate 6.
- Preparation: We start by cutting the tuna into 16 tacos, removing the sides and reserving them to make, for example, a tuna tartare. We must ensure that they are all the same size and shape, as well as that they are “bite-sized”, since we are going to serve them as an aperitif. It is appropriate to cut cubes of 2 x 2 cm maximum, although I have cut them in the shape of a rectangular prism. Put the salt, sugar, thyme and lemon zest in a bowl and mix them well. With 1/3 of the mixture, we cover the base of a container sized according to the number of tacos that we have cut. We place the tacos on top, leaving space between them, and cover with the rest of the mixture making sure to fill in the gaps. We put the container in the fridge and let it rest for a maximum of 2 hours. After this time, we remove the salt and clean each block with a brush. We wash them under a fine stream of water, without going over so that they are not watery, and we dry them with absorbent paper. When serving the tacos, we lightly grease them with extra virgin olive oil. Cut the cherry tomatoes into four slices each, making sure they are chubby, and string them on toothpicks together with the marinated tuna.
Complete recipe | Marinated tuna tacos with thyme and lemon
7. Tuna with aubergine and tomatoes
- Ingredients: Chives, 0.5, Aubergine, 1, Cherry tomato, 200 g, Fresh or defrosted tuna, clean, 300 g, White wine, 50 ml, Pasta or …