No law prevents us from enjoying ice cream all year round, but it cannot be denied that it is in summer when they are most craved, and when they are most sought after! I don’t know if you can talk about a boom of ice cream, but it is clear that there is more and more offer both artisanal and industrial, and many more people are encouraged to prepare them at home. Do you know what they are the most wanted ice creams from Internet?
Leading the list of the most desired ice creams there are two classics that seem to survive without collapsing, year after year, generation after generation. Along with them, a variety has been made as a result of the recent expansion of certain franchises, and we also find a healthier ice cream that is in fashion. And closing the top, another traditional ice cream that also serves as a base for a multitude of flavors. Here we have gathered them all to enjoy them at home.
1. Chocolate ice cream
It is said that it is the favorite of the children although in my family it was never the most sought after in the ice cream parlor, unless it came with some special extra. There are many ways to prepare a rich chocolate ice cream but good quality cocoa or chocolate is worth investing in to get a really irresistible ice cream.
The best recipe that we have selected for chocolate ice cream can be prepared with and without Thermomix, and although it has a touch of coffee, we can do without it if we seek the maximum purity of cocoa.
We start by grating 50 g of chocolate with the help of a vegetable peeler or a knife. We wrap them in aluminum foil and store in the freezer. We grate the chocolate and soluble coffee with a food processor. If we do it with the Thermomix we grate 8 sec / speed 8. In a saucepan we put the milk, sugar, egg yolks and the mixture of chocolate and coffee. We put it on a low heat and stir until it thickens. With the Thermomix 5 min / 60ºC / speed 5. Let the temperature drop a little and pour the mixture into ice cube trays. We leave them in the freezer for at least 4 hours. Just before serving, we whisk the cubed ice cream with the pasteurized egg whites. In the Thermomix we beat 40 sec / speed 5´5. We pour into ice cream glasses and serve with the chocolate shavings.
More recipes for chocolate ice cream
If you are very chocolatiers, you will love the triple chocolate ice cream recipe with cookies, with cocoa powder, milk chocolate and white chocolate, plus the crunchy touch of chocolate chip cookies. Chocolate popsicles have less complications, very creamy and for which you do not need a refrigerator.
2. Vanilla ice cream
Another of the most traditional flavors that everyone likes, the great wild card that combines so well with any other flavor and that crowns a multitude of desserts, smoothies or coffees. Good vanilla ice cream can be recognized by its slightly pale color, the black dots of vanilla and its delicate creaminess.
The recipe that we propose is ideal for you to prepare it all the world at home, it takes 10 minutes and you don’t need any special equipment.
- Ingredients. 500 ml of whipping cream, 15 ml of natural vanilla essence or the pulp of 1 pod, 400 g of condensed milk.
- Elaboration. We start by whipping the cream with some electric rods. To facilitate the task, the cream must be very cold or, otherwise, it will not mount. If we put it in the freezer 15 minutes before mounting it, along with the container in which we are going to mount it, the thing will be sewing and singing. Once the cream is whipped, add the vanilla and condensed milk. We stir with a spatula with enveloping movements so that the cream does not fall, until we obtain a homogeneous and creamy mass. We pour it into a container and leave it in the freezer for 5-6 hours before serving.
In this recipe for creamy vanilla ice cream and chocolate coverage we have another creamy base It can be used to prepare in the fridge, Thermomix or by hand, pouring it into a large container to form balls instead of using molds.
3. Yogurt ice cream
Yogurt is living a new youth by becoming fashionable as a health food. Without being a magical product, its consumption is full of benefits, but it is also a delicious ingredient to prepare cold desserts. It is also a trend due to the rise of frozen yogurt, which, let’s not forget, are still desserts with their corresponding amount of sugar. It’s one of my all-time favorite flavors because it pairs wonderfully with fresh fruits.
This recipe for frozen yogurt or frozen yogurt has nothing to envy those franchises, although I advise using a real greek yogurt -without added cream or thickeners- and better natural, to get used to taking sweets without so much sugar.
- Ingredients. 575 g of natural or sweetened Greek yogurt, 30 g of soft flower honey, 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract or the pulp of a natural pod.
- Elaboration. We pour the Greek yoghurts into a jar, removing the excess whey along with the honey and vanilla. We stir with a few rods until we obtain a light and homogeneous cream. We pass to a container and freeze. To make this ice cream by hand we must stir the mixture every so often or simply pour it into the ice cream maker and let it cook for about 20 minutes. Once ready we cover it with baking paper and close it well. If we use Greek yogurts without sugar, we can double the amount of honey, and if we prefer to change it for sugar, we will put about 100 g in the mixture.
On this basis we can add pieces of fresh or frozen fruit, fruit puree, chocolate chips, cookie pieces or whatever comes to mind. What’s more we have other recipes for ice cream with yogurt, like the Greek yogurt ice cream with strawberries, the semi-cold cherry, blueberry and yogurt, the red fruit yogurt ice cream or the refreshing Greek yogurt ice cream with lime and cardamom.
4. Banana ice cream
In the typical menu of ice cream parlors there has always been the banana split, but the banana ice cream per se it wasn’t that common. That has changed in recent years with the trend of healthier alternatives to industrial ice cream, as frozen banana is a magical ingredient to indulge yourself without regrets.
Our two ingredient banana ice cream recipe is a wonder in its simplicity that can even be reduced to a single component: frozen ripe banana. From this base you can play by adding other fruits, pure chocolate or cocoa, another nut cream or whatever comes to mind.
- Ingredients. 2 large and ripe bananas, 20 ml of natural peanut butter.
- Elaboration. The bananas must already be close to the limit to eat them naturally, somewhat soft to the touch and with many spots on the skin on the outside. Actually we can let them ripen even more, they will be sweeter and with more aroma. Peel and slice. Freeze in a freezer bag or airtight container for at least two hours. After that time, place in the glass of a good blender or food processor. Start grinding at high speed in short periods of time, stirring well from time to time to avoid sticking, until you have a slightly creamy texture. Add the butter or peanut butter and blend everything together again, until the desired creamy texture is achieved. It can be served directly or returned to the freezer in an airtight container to solidify a bit, between 30 minutes and an hour.
If you are looking for a more “authentic” ice cream recipe to indulge yourself, you will love this banana ice cream with walnuts, with its traditional base of milk, cream and egg yolk. We also have another more exotic variant, banana and coconut milk ice cream.
5. Cream ice cream
And lastly, the classic, simple and infallible cream ice cream awaits us. It sounds a bit old because nowadays it is used more as a base to enrich it with other ingredients, but it continues to resist in the counters of traditional ice cream parlors. On its own it may seem too simple, but combining a scoop of cream ice cream with other flavors you get delicious glasses.
If you want to recover that iced sweet cream flavor, you can use this basic recipe by substituting the crème fraîche for pure whipping cream, dispensing with the lemon if you don’t feel like adding any extra flavor.
- Ingredients. 500 g of whipping cream, 170 ml of milk, 145 g of sugar, lemon zest (optional).
- Elaboration. We will start by mixing the milk and sugar in a bowl, stirring with some rods until the latter dissolves. Let the mixture rest for ten minutes and stir again. Add the semi-whipped cream and the lemon zest and incorporate until all the ingredients are mixed and there is a smooth mixture. Now if we have an ice cream maker we will put it to work following the instructions. If you do not have it, freeze the mixture in an airtight container for an hour, remove from the freezer and stir to undo the crystals. Repeat this operation three more times until it is solid.
Other variants of cream ice cream are recipes such as this honey ice cream with walnuts or pistachio ice cream, in which cream plays a main role. It is also a great ice cream to cut into rectangular portions, as if it were a semi-cold, and fill cookies or cakes.
Is your favorite flavor among any of the five most wanted ice creams on the Internet? It would be interesting to know if they are also the most requested in ice cream parlors, but with these recipes we have it much easier to prepare them at home. Does anyone dare to make a glass with one ball of each? Of course, better to share, we do not want to get bogged down either.