Find out what the teppanyaki and how to prepare it, you will be surprised how easy it is to learn more about Japanese gastronomy.
It may interest you: Japanese food: 22 recipes brought from the Far East
What is teppanyaki?
Teppanyaki is a type of Japanese cuisine that focuses on a steel plate in which food is prepared, hence its name, because teppan means grill and yaki cooking or roasting.
Although it is a Japanese dish, it is more popular abroad, in fact those who made it popular were the different restaurant chains, thanks to the great show it represents, as it is prepared right in front of the diners.
First, the chef exposes his skill with knives and little by little he adds the ingredients, one of the advantages of this style of cooking is that they prepare it at the moment so you can have direct control over your food.
One of the reasons why teppanyaki has become so popular is that it is a great healthy food option, since the steel plate allows you to cook practically all types of dishes with very little oil.
You are interested: 11 sushi recipes that you must try
Do not miss: Spring is pink in Japan, but in Mexico it is purple
Common ingredients of this Japanese culinary art
- Soy sauce
You are interested: 5 Japanese dishes that your body will appreciate you consuming
Tips for preparing a good teppanyaki
- Use a smooth iron, which preferably has no divisions.
- If you don’t have a griddle in your kitchen, you can use a large skillet.
- Choose the ideal vegetables, you can follow a recipe or improvise with your favorites.
- Add meat, it can be chicken, beef or both.
- First, cook thick vegetables like broccoli and onion.
- You can pre-boil the vegetables if you like them softer.
- Depending on the term you want for your meat, it will be the moment in which you must add the meat.
- Cut the chicken or meat into small pieces or strips.
- Accompany it with a good soy sauce or your favorite.
- Finally, you can accompany it with white rice or noodles.
Discover more Tips in Easy Cooking