It’s weekend! It is worth breaking the diet and enjoying a delicious taco al pastor thread. We tell you how to prepare it step by step so that you can enjoy it in a big way.
It may interest you: 7 recipes with meat al pastor that you must try
Taco thread recipe
- Preparation time: 3 hours
- Servings: 4
- 500 g of flour
- Pinch of yeast
- 500 ml of water
- Tablespoon salt
- 1 kg of solid sliced pork
- 1 annatto cube
- 5 hydrated guajillos
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 cup of orange juice
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- ½ sliced pineapple
- 1 cup of guacamole
- Coriander and onion
- 1 kg of taco tortillas
Don’t Miss: These Grilled Fish Tacos Are The Best You’re Going To Try
- Mix the flour with the yeast, salt and water, knead until you get a smooth consistency and do not stick to your hands, let it rest for 1 hour covered with a damp cloth, then spread the dough on a round tray and bake at 180 ºC for 30 minutes.
- Blend the achiote with the guajillo, garlic, orange juice, vinegar and onion. Marinate the meat in the mixture for at least 1 hour.
- Grill the milanesas in a skillet or grill over high heat, slice and serve in tacos on the thread.
- Finish with cilantro, onion, pineapple and guacamole in the center of the thread.
You’re interested: 30 taco recipes to celebrate big
History of tacos al pastor
It is believed that the origin of the tacos al pastor has its origin in the shawarma. This is a bread stuffed with seasoned lamb meat and whose recipe is from MIDDLE EAST.
This dish arrived in Mexico between the 19th and 20th centuries, thanks to immigrants coming especially from Lebanon, and who settled mainly in PUEBLA.
It is said that a Lebanese baker gave some Arabic bread to a relative, who had the idea of filling it with mixed and seasoned meat.
Some time later, this meat began to be prepared on a vertical charcoal grill; that is to say, the famous spinning top.
The shawarma recipe continued to be prepared in an original way, only with a substantial change: instead of lamb meat, pork was used.
Other ingredient changes were the ORIENTAL SPICES, which were replaced by achiote, guajillo chili and ancho chili, with which the marinade is made.
Discover more delicious recipes to enjoy the weekend in Easy Kitchen