Who has not enjoyed a delicious sweet from sweet potato Or have you accompanied a delicious dinner with a puree made from this root? Without a doubt, sweet potato is one of the favorite foods of Mexicans. And not only that: health benefits of sweet potato they are very many. Do you already know them?
You are interested in: Healthy dinners to feel great
The sweet potato is a plant native to Central and South America, and has been cultivated in these areas for more than 5,000 years. However, its use has spread throughout the continent and the rest of the world, becoming an ingredient of international gourmet cuisine.
We invite you to know all the health benefits of sweet potato and also sweet potato recipes with which you can savor this delicious food. You will delight in each one!
Don’t Miss: Vegetables in Lent: Make the Most of These Seasonal Foods
Sweet potato benefits for your health and that of your family
1. Protects the heart: it is an excellent source of vitamin B6, which helps break down homocysteine, a substance that contributes to the hardening of blood vessels and arteries. It also contains potassium, which lowers blood pressure.
2. Helps with sugar control: Sweet potatoes have a low glycemic index, despite their sweet taste, and slowly release sugar into the bloodstream, helping to stabilize blood glucose.
3. It gives you energy: it is rich in manganese, which helps metabolize carbohydrates, and maintain healthy blood sugar levels, as well as control appetite. It also helps optimize the body’s antioxidants.
4. Strengthens the immune system: due to its contribution in vitamins A, C and E, the consumption of sweet potato helps to strengthen the immune system and fight various diseases.
You are interested in: Foods that increase your happiness
5. Control stress: it has a significant concentration of magnesium, which promotes relaxation of the body and improves mood.
6. Take care of hair and skin: Vitamin A in sweet potatoes helps protect skin from sun damage, and vitamin C and E keep skin healthy and radiant, as well as helping to produce more collagen.
7. Supports digestion: it is a rich source of dietary fiber and regulates digestion.
8. Prevents cancer: contains beta carotenoids, which have an anticancer action, which can reduce the risk of developing different types of cancer.
You can’t miss: Foods that burn fat and protect your immune system
What do you think of all these benefits? Now we invite you to prepare these sweet potato recipes that you will love.
Spiced sweet potato dessert
Something simple to prepare this day is this sweet potato dessert with different spices. We invite you to enjoy its great taste.
Rich sweet potato potatoes for a delicious and different snack
Sweet potato potatoes are one of our favorites to enjoy a delicious weekend. Learn to prepare them easily.
Baked sweet potato with chocolate
How about serving this Chocolate Baked Sweet Potato for dinner? Enjoy this delicious delicacy and prepare it at home.
Buttered sweet potato puree recipe
Include in your dinner this delicious recipe for mashed sweet potato with butter. Follow the step by step to prepare it easily.
Sweet potatoes stuffed with pico de gallo
No original ideas for lunchtime? These sweet potatoes stuffed with pico de gallo will conquer your palate and your heart.
Delicious sweet potato puree
Accompany the main course of your Christmas dinners with a delicious and creamy sweet potato puree. We are sure it will be your favorite.
Cottage cheese and sweet potato quesadilla
If you are looking for original combinations, this cottage cheese and sweet potato quesadilla is ideal for you, do not miss it!
Sweet potatoes stuffed with starry egg
A very delicious dinner is waiting for you with these sweet potatoes stuffed with starry egg, and we will tell you how to make them!
Eggplant stuffed with sweet potato and goat cheese
This Christmas you have the opportunity to be very original for your Christmas dinner, and we are not only talking about the main course, the garnishes can also be spectacular! This time we bring …
Sweet potato frittata with caramelized onion
We all like to enjoy an exquisite meal full of flavor and this can only be provided by the rich sweet potato frittata with caramelized onion, so …
Warm Roasted Sweet Potato and Quinoa Salad
Surely you will be surprised to see the recipe, but this is just the time to share the incredible warm salad of roasted sweet potato and quinoa, the delicious flavor that you had so much …
Healthy Recipes: Sweet Potato and Pumpkin Chips
To avoid being tempted by unhealthy snacks, learn how to make sweet potato and pumpkin chips and take them with you to work for those moments when …
Spinach tacos with sweet potatoes
If you are looking for different and original dishes, we recommend these spinach tacos with sweet potato, break the routine, experiment in the kitchen and discover new flavors only in Easy Kitchen. Tea…
Mexican sweet potato
If you are looking for a very original combination of flavors, you cannot pass up this delicious Mexican sweet potato. This exquisite preparation will become one of your …
Sweet potato puree with grated coconut
We all crave something sweet during or after eating. Well, we bring you the ideal complement for your lunch or dinner: a rich sweet potato puree …
Sweet potato and chia cupcakes
Would you like to pamper yourself with a delicious but nutritious dessert? You cannot pass up these delicious sweet potato and chia cupcakes, perfect for taking care of your health and pampering yourself in a delicious way. …
Shrimp Mignon with Sweet Potato and Brussels Sprouts
Shrimp are one of the sea foods that can be prepared in a most versatile way. Today we want to propose you this shrimp mignon with sweet potato and cabbage …
Roasted Sweet Potato Salad with Blue Cheese
We bring you a delicious side dish that perfectly combines sweet and savory flavors: a roasted sweet potato salad with blue cheese. We tell you how to prepare it and everything …