The sodium bicarbonate It is one of the most popular ingredients when talking about home remedies, we invite you to discover all the uses that you can give it in your home.
What is it?
Sodium bicarbonate is a water-soluble solid white compound, which is obtained from a naturally occurring mineral, but can also be produced artificially. Its formula is NaHCO3.
We recommend: 10 uses of baking soda that will make your life easier
Uses of baking soda
It may interest you: 6 Benefits of bicarbonate
- Remove oil and grease stains, sprinkle a little baking soda and scrub with a brush dipped in hot water.
- Soften the clothes by mixing it with the detergent.
- Stir 1/4 teaspoon of this powder with 1 glass of plain yogurt (125 g) and you will have a substitute for yeast.
- To wash the fruits and vegetables, dissolve a little powder in the water, immerse them, rub them lightly and rinse them.
- Reduce the acidity of sauces and tomato puree with a teaspoon.
- Take the acidity out of orange, lemon or grapefruit juices, just dissolve 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda.
- Whiten surfaces, sprinkle a little on a damp sponge, scrub, let it rest for 5 minutes and then rinse well.
- Clean your floors, dissolve 1/2 cup of baking soda in a bucket of warm water and you’re done.
- To clean and remove odors from your carpets, sprinkle the entire surface, let it sit overnight, and then sweep or vacuum the rest.
- Remove bad odors from your shoes, sprinkle a tablespoon or two, let it rest and stir when you wear them.
- Mix 3 tablespoons in a bowl of warm water and soak your feet to rest your feet.
- Relieve itching, prepare a paste with a little water and apply to the bite.
- Keep pests out of your garden, sprinkle baking soda on the surface of the soil and voila.
- It is a good ingredient to prepare scrubs and soften the skin.
- It works as a substitute for homemade yeast for baking.
- Dip the meat in a bowl of water and two tablespoons of baking soda to soften it.
- Relieves heartburn you just have to dilute a teaspoon in a glass of water.
Find more practical tips in Easy Kitchen