The 22 easiest beef steak recipes,
fast and delicious.
The steak It is the most popular cut of red meat steak in Mexican cuisine. So much so, that there are many ways to prepare it, and there are also many ingredients with which it can be accompanied. Here we introduce you 22 very easy and quick steak recipes. You dare?
You are interested: Get softer cuts of meat
A little history about the steak
The history of the steak has its origins in the period of the Conquest of America, when the Spaniards traveled in their ships, they brought with them thin slices of meat that they could keep in good condition thanks to the salt.
Later, the Spanish began to bring live calves to American lands. The consumption of red meat was, and continues to be, the basis of their traditional diet, which is why the consumption of red meat became very popular in New Spain and the rest of America.
Jerky, salted and smoked meat, was the first to be consumed. However, the weather conditions and the fresh meat accessible throughout the year allowed the meat to be prepared over low heat without the need for it to dry out, thus giving rise to the steak and steak recipes.
You are interested in: Make the reheated meat juicy
Where does the name steak come from?
Both the Spanish butchers and the Mexicans used the same language to name the different parts of the meat, such as neck, shoulder, ribs or skirt. However, it was in Mexico that the word “bistec” arose, taken from the Anglicism “beefsteak”, which means “piece of beef”.
[Lee con qué combinar carnes en Vix: 9 deliciosas ensaladas para acompañar carnes]
When the Yankee army invaded our country in 1847, they found a very wide gastronomic universe unknown to them, not very tolerant of hot sauces or the traditional mole. So their diet was based, more than anything, on roast beef, which they called out for “beefsteak!” Hence, the name was adopted and adapted to the well-known “steak.”
In other countries there is also a word for the piece of beef, such as the Italian “bistecca”, or the “bifteck” from France.
You can read: 22 easy and delicious ground beef recipes
Curiosities about beef
- The cost of beef rises in the dry season, due to the lack of grass and therefore little food to feed large livestock.
- Tongs are better for eating beef than forks, since when you prick it, it loses its juice and, therefore, its flavor.
- The favorite garnishes to accompany a rich steak are mashed potatoes and cream of spinach.
- Thicker steaks require less heat, as cooking a thicker steak over high heat will cause the exterior to burn long before the interior is cooked enough.
- Experts recommend letting the meat rest before serving it, this will help the meat juices to retract and stay inside the meat and not on the plate.
You are interested: How to make nopal huaraches with steaks?
Benefits of steak recipes for your health
- It is rich in magnesium, which helps to synthesize proteins, giving strength to the muscles and improving the process of insulin metabolism.
- It contains zinc, which has antioxidant properties that contribute to the acceleration of protein synthesis and the growth of muscles.
- It has vitamin B12, which plays an important role in the production of red blood cells.
- It is a rich source of potassium, important for the proper functioning of the body and muscle formation.
- It is high in iron, which helps the creation, development, and maturation of red blood cells.
- Its vitamin B6 content contributes to the improvement of the immune system and accelerates metabolism.
- The linoleic acid in beef supports the recovery of body tissues caused by intense physical activity.
- It contains alanine, a substance that is responsible for producing sugar from protein and obtaining energy.
- Its cartinine helps metabolize fat and increase the production of branched chain amino acids, ideal for athletes.
- Sarcosine in beef is an essential element for the proper development of muscles and for them to stay healthy.
Enjoy more recipes in Easy Kitchen
Quick and easy steak recipes
Grilled steak with potatoes
Prepare a delicious grilled steak with potatoes, quick and easy to make and perfect for lunch. You will love its taste and aroma.
Steak with aromatic potatoes
The delicious flavor and aroma of this steak with aromatic potatoes will captivate all your guests. Know the recipe and learn how to prepare it!
Soldadera steak: a very traditional dish
We know that you really like traditional flavors made with beef, that’s why we have brought you this delicious soldadera steak. We give you the recipe for …
Steak with chimichurri sauce
We love to prepare steaks for our meals, and we can do it in many different ways. A very delicious option is this steak with chimichurri sauce, with a very original flavor. Not…
Steak fajitas with roasted nopales
We can’t deny it: taquitos are the perfect food. How about preparing some with these delicious steak fajitas with roasted nopales? Don’t think twice and prepare this …
Nopales and steak in pasilla
The pasilla chili is one of the favorites to accompany some delicious steaks. On this occasion we invite you to prepare these nopales and steak en pasilla, so delicious that their …
Mango steak rolls in ancho chili sauce
How about preparing some delicious steaks in an original way? We want to share with you these steak rolls with mango in ancho chili sauce, very easy to prepare in your …
Steak tacos with cheese
Taquitos are the favorite food on the weekends. If your plan is to spend it at home, these steak tacos with cheese are for you. We give you the …
Delicious steak with onions for lunch
The steak onions is one of our favorites, not only for its delicious flavor that conquers any palate, it is also very easy to prepare. Wait no more and serve it at …
Steaks with carrots in sherry
If you are looking for a new way to prepare your steaks, this recipe is for you: we tell you how to make a steak with carrots with sherry. We bet you will want to try it again. …
Exquisite steak in guava sauce
The kitchen allows us to be very creative with the combination that we can make with the different flavors. Proof of this is this exquisite steak in guava sauce. You dare…
Steak is one of the favorite cuts of meat to enjoy in our meals, but you can also prepare it deliciously for your breakfast: make the most of it and enjoy …
Delicious steak with plum and pineapple
Are you looking for a different way to prepare your steaks? We want to suggest you a very original recipe: try this steak with plum and pineapple, a rich combination that you will undoubtedly love. You are interested in: What …
Steaks in pasilla for a delicious meal
The steaks en pasilla are a favorite to prepare at lunchtime, and it is also a very traditional Mexican flavor. We tell you how to prepare them for …
Olive steaks to surprise your family
We want to share with you a very original way to prepare one of your favorite cuts of meat: your family will love these olive steaks, a perfect and very delicious option …
Devilish steaks, only for spicy junkies!
Craving something delicious and spicy for lunch? These devilish steaks are perfect for you. We tell you how to prepare it and pamper your addicted palate …
Steak rolls with vegetables