Have you already seen the calendar? Today is Taco Day! And since we want you to celebrate it with a lot of flavor, we share these shrimp taco recipes that will become your favorites.
And we love them for many reasons: not only are they delicious, they are also one of the most sought after and requested for the hangover.
It may interest you: 35 recipes to prepare shrimp the way you like it
Shrimp tacos: the taste of the sea wrapped in a tortilla
We know that there are tacos of everything, but shrimp tacos are a favorite in different parts of the Mexican Republic.
Among the most famous are the following:
- Ensenada style: these have shrimp battered in corn tortilla that are accompanied by pico de gallo, shredded purple cabbage and hot sauce.
- Tijuana-style tacos: the shrimp are enchilados and are accompanied with cheese. They are also known as mazatenes.
- Baja style: they are served weathered, with mayonnaise, onion, lettuce and served with beans.
- Gobernador Tacos: served with Oaxaca cheese, onion, bell pepper and celery, wrapped in flour tortillas.
Don’t miss: How to make breaded shrimp with chipotle mayonnaise
Shrimp benefits that you should know
- It is rich in vitamin D, essential for the health of bones, teeth and to protect the skin from external factors.
- It is a rich source of selenium, a substance that reduces the risks of suffering from various types of cancer and other degenerative diseases, such as hypertension and diabetes.
- It has omega-3 fatty acids, which fight diseases related to the heart and the cardiovascular system in general.
- Helps brain functions and cells mature properly.
- It also has a B complex, a multivitamin necessary for different functions of the body.
- It also has zinc and phenylalanine, which improve libido, mood and increase sexual appetite. What’s more, it is an aphrodisiac food par excellence.
- A medium shrimp has about 7 calories, and is made up mostly of protein.
Shrimp taco recipes
Shrimp tacos al pastor for your weekend
There is nothing more delicious this Lenten season than some shrimp tacos al pastor. Enjoy them this weekend!
Golden Shrimp Tacos with Homemade Dressing
Lent is approaching and it is the perfect opportunity to enjoy these golden shrimp tacos with homemade dressing.
Breaded shrimp taco recipe
Enjoy some delicious breaded shrimp recipe in tacos that you can make deliciously at home.
Learn how to prepare delicious governor tacos
Today we share with you a delight that you cannot miss in your taquiza: learn how to prepare some governor tacos, originally from the State of Sinaloa.