Probably, rice is the most consumed ingredient in the world. You already know that there are different varieties of rice, each of them being the most appropriate for each type of recipe with this ingredient.
From our varieties of round rice to the Asian elongated rice, this product is the basis of many of the gastronomies that we most appreciate. That is why today we want to offer you some possibilities so that you do not end up cooking it always in the same way.
These seven ways of cooking rice are all delicious and each of them has many variations. In addition to these seven proposals, you can also find more interesting recipes in our rice recipes section. Surely some of our proposals are good for you if you want to show off this weekend.
EXPRESS POT RICE the trick to make garnish instantly
1. Rice in Paella: rice with hake, prawns and squid
We started cooking the squid spread in the paella, with a little olive oil. As soon as they begin to brown, we remove and reserve them. We also lightly mark the hake delicacies and the prawns, then proceeding to reserve everything.
Then, in the same oil where we have prepared the chunks, we brown a minced garlic clove and add a tablespoon of our special homemade sauce, which it is always good for us to save work.
Once everything is preparedAdd the rice, saffron and broth and let it cook over high heat for 8 minutes. To intensify the flavor we add the content of the prawn heads, squeezing them a little.
We lower the heat to a minimum but controlling so that the rice does not stop cooking and add the squid, letting the rice cook for another 7-8 minutes. We carefully add the hake delicacies and the peeled prawns and turn off the heat, covering the rice with a kitchen towel while we let the last pieces that we have added to be done with the remaining heat and steam under the cloth, letting it rest for about 15 minutes before serving.
With what to accompany the squid rice, hake and prawns
Like other rice recipes, this squid rice, hake and prawns It is quite satiating so you can start with a classic appetizer like potatoes with homemade aioli and you already have enough for a Sunday party.
More details in the full recipe
2. Leek, pear and saffron risotto
- Ingredients: 3 Leeks, Black peppercorns, 3, Extra virgin olive oil, 30 ml, Arborio rice or Carnaroli, 180 g, White wine, 150 ml, 1 Pear, Chicken or vegetable broth (approximately), 600 ml, Saffron a few strands, Butter, 25 g, Parmesan Cheese to taste, salt and ground black pepper
- Elaboration: Cut the ends of the leeks and remove, if necessary, the outermost leaf. Wash and cut into thin slices or, if preferred, chop into small pieces. Wash the pear (if it is small, use two), peel and core. Put the broth to heat over moderate heat. Separate a small amount to a glass to infuse the crushed saffron threads (about 4). Heat the olive oil in a saucepan and fry the leek with a pinch of salt and the black peppercorns. Add the rice, stir well for a minute and drizzle with the white wine. When it has evaporated, add the pear, stir well and add the saffron infusion. Start the risotto cooking over low heat, adding broth little by little, always hot, stirring gently. Cook until the time set by the manufacturer, about 18-20 minutes. Add more broth if necessary. At the end, butter with the butter and freshly grated Parmesan cheese. Check the salt level and serve with freshly ground black pepper and more cheese to taste.
More details (and version for Magimix Cook Expert) in the full recipe
3. Soupy rice with seafood
- Ingredients: Mussels (only the meat), 200 g, Fine clam, 200 g, Prawns, 200 g, 1 Squid, Bomba rice, 160 g, Fish or stock or seafood broth to taste. To make the sauce, 2 pear tomatoes for the sauce, 1 Italian green pepper and 1 Head of garlic
- Elaboration: As I already told you when I gave you the three keys to making a good rice soup, we will start by preparing a good broth and a good stir-fry. To make the broth, we are going to use the water to cook the mussels and open the clams and the broth that we will make with the heads and bodies of the prawns. That is why our first task will be to peel these, open those and collect all the liquids. This way we will get an intense broth, full of flavor. For the sauce, we are going to use a sauce that I always have in the fridge, the result of a prolonged cooking of whole heads of garlic, peeled tomato, green pepper and ñoras, which we can also make at the moment: we brown a head of split garlic in half, we add a very chopped green pepper and 3 chopped tomatoes. We let it cook for an hour and blend. We keep this sauce in a pot and we will have it ready for each time we want to make a rice soup, or any other rice recipe. In the fridge, this sauce lasts two or three weeks without problem. As I already told you when I gave you the three keys to making a good rice soup, we will start by preparing a good broth and a good stir-fry. To make the broth, we are going to use the water to cook the mussels and open the clams and the broth that we will make with the heads and bodies of the prawns. That is why our first task will be to peel these, open those and collect all the liquids. This way we will get an intense broth, full of flavor. For the sauce, we are going to use a sauce that I always have in the fridge, the result of a prolonged cooking of whole heads of garlic, peeled tomato, green pepper and ñoras, which we can also make at the moment: we brown a head of split garlic in half, we add a very chopped green pepper and 3 chopped tomatoes. We let it cook for an hour and blend. We keep this sauce in a pot and we will have it ready for each time we want to make a rice soup, or any other rice recipe. In the fridge, this sauce lasts two or three weeks without problem.
More details in the full recipe
4. Cooked rice in white
- Ingredients: Bomba rice, 200 g, Plentiful water, approximately 1.5 liters, Salt a handful, Laurel optional, add a leaf
- Elaboration: The first thing is to wash the rice, to avoid that the grains have an excess of starch that will make us stickier. By doing this, we will be able to cook the rice in water, and not in a starchy and thick water that would prevent us from getting a loose white rice. While we wash the rice, changing the water several times, put a saucepan with plenty of water and salt on the fire and bring it to a boil. When the water is already boiling, we add the rice and stir well so that it does not remain at the bottom. When the water boils again, stir again to separate some grains from each other. Let it cook for approximately 15 minutes without covering the pan, -the exact time will depend on the type of rice, the hardness of the water or the altitude- since with the previous washing you will not need to reach the traditional 20 minutes. We test and remove if it is to our liking. Next, we put the rice in a colander and drain it, and cool it slightly to cut off the residual heat, leaving it under the tap for a minute. To serve it hot, we can lightly sauté it with a little olive oil or butter in a frying pan, just when we are going to use it.
More details in the full recipe
5. Creamy rice with mussels
- Ingredients: 1.5 kg of Mussels. 300 g Bomba rice, 100 g Onion, 50 g Extra virgin olive oil, 50 g Italian green pepper, 50 g Tomato sauce, 50 ml White wine, 1 l Fish broth or stock, 1 Cayenne, 2 Garlic clove, Sweet paprika, 1/2 teaspoon, Saffron to taste, Salt and pepper to taste
- Elaboration: We put a casserole on the fire with a little water in the bottom and the mussels cleaned from their beards. Add a little salt and cover the pot with a lid, turn up the heat and wait for the water to boil and watch the mussels open. This will take about eight minutes. Remove from the heat and remove the mussels from their shells once they are warm, reserve on a plate and strain the cooking water that we will use to add to the rice. In a saucepan, add the olive oil, the cayenne and the minced garlic, heat and fry the chopped onion and pepper for 15 minutes over low heat. Add the paprika, the white wine, the saffron, the fried tomato and cook for another five minutes. Add the fish broth and the mussels cooking water, approximately a liter to the pot and let it cook over a very low heat for 10 minutes. Add the rice and cook for 20 minutes, when there are five minutes to go, add the reserved mussels and serve hot.
More details in the full recipe
6. Rice in salad
- Ingredients: 200 g Basmati rice, 50 g Cooked grain corn, Cooked wild asparagus, 100 g, Tomato, 100 g, Extra virgin olive oil two tablespoons, Vinegar one tablespoon, Mayonnaise two tablespoons, ground cumin a pinch, Salt to taste, Roast chicken breast, 200 g, 2 Kumquat, sliced
- Elaboration: We start by soaking the basmati rice for a few minutes so that it softens and releases some starch. Then we cook it following the manufacturer’s instructions – it will take about twelve minutes – and when we have it ready, we drain it well in a colander. To make the dressing, mix the oil, vinegar and mayonnaise in a bowl and add a pinch of ground cumin. Mix well until emulsified and reserve. Chop the green asparagus into small pieces and drain the cooked corn from the can. We cut the tomatoes into small portions and prepare the roast chicken, cutting the breast into small portions. If you have some sauce from the chicken, it is also good to mix in our dressing, lightening it a bit and adding more flavor. We finish by mixing the ingredients so that they are well distributed and we dress just before eating the salad, so that the ingredients do not stay straight but maintain their smoothness and texture …