At the moment of losing weight, taking care of the diet is very useful and certain nutrients can be particularly beneficial, such as proteins, healthy fats or fiber. We tell you How Fiber Can Help You Lose Weight & We Reveal Seven Foods To Add To Your Diet.
Fiber and its help when losing weight
The fiber it constitutes a carbohydrate that our body cannot digest. It provides only 2 Kcal per gram and slows down the digestive process as well as promotes intestinal transit.
Fiber has been proven to keep the digestive system busy and delay the arrival of nutrients into the bloodstream, reducing the glycemic index and thus promotes satiety or the absence of hunger.
On the other hand, a study published in the European Journal of Clinical Nutrition has indicated that fiber intake directly stimulates the release of substances that indicate to the brain that there are already nutrients and therefore, neutralizes hunger by helping to control the amount we eat throughout the day.
As if that were not enough, fiber has a prebiotic effect and in this way its consumption causes positive effects on the intestinal floraThis could be another indirect way by which its consumption contributes to weight loss: taking care of the bacteria in our intestine.
But in addition, foods with fiber are generally harder and require chewing, something that according to research helps to eat less and fill us more.
For all this and because it is a nutrient that cannot be stored in the body and provides very few calories per gram, fiber can be very helpful in losing weight as well as in benefiting the health of the entire body.
Seven foods to add fiber to the diet
Although there are many sources of fiber in the usual diet, it is necessary to reach the recommended quota of between 25 and 30 grams daily.
For this, we can go to the following high fiber foods:
- Cereal bran: they concentrate around 40% fiber and we can easily incorporate them into the diet by adding them to breads, cakes or other whole-grain pastries. As well as, we can consume them when we eat whole grains.
- Seeds: They are above all a source of soluble fiber but they concentrate proportions that go from 25 to 35 grams per 100 grams. In addition, they are also a source of plant proteins and good fats that contribute to weight loss.
- Vegetables: they are around 5% fiber per edible portion and are a good option to replace refined cereals. In addition, we can always turn to canned or canned alternatives that facilitate our time in the kitchen.
- Nuts: they have good quality unsaturated fats for the body, are a source of plant-based protein and also offer around 10% fiber. The specimens with the highest proportion are pistachios, hazelnuts, almonds and pecans.
- Dried fruits: dried apricots, dates, raisins and other dried or dehydrated fruits are a good source of fiber with a sweet taste, being therefore very helpful when we seek to calm the temptation to lose weight.
- Fresh fruits and vegetables: Of course, to obtain good nutrients such as fiber and others, it is always essential that fruits and vegetables are not lacking in the daily diet. Above all we can obtain fiber from fresh vegetables and cabbages, leafy vegetables, berries and citrus fruits.
- Pseudocereals: quinoa, amaranth or other less popular ones such as kañiwa are examples of pseudo-cereals that we can include in the daily diet and that offer a large amount of fiber that is around 10% in their dry grains.
To make your task easier, we leave you a selection of high fiber recipes that can help you lose weight:
Image | Unsplash and Pixabay