During the summer the sale and consumption of fish increases, especially in coastal areas, but when we return home we should not neglect its consumption. Nutritious and versatile, it is a great ally if we want to lose some weight or eat healthy. The baked fish recipes They are also very simple, perfect if we are on a diet and do not want to complicate ourselves.
Whites and blues provide us with essential nutrients and the ideal would be to combine them in our weekly menus. Preparing them in the oven not only get delicious results, but also it is a very healthy and simple way to cook, without having to add hardly any fat, and does not require spending a lot of time in the kitchen.
With the variety of fish that come to our fish markets, it is a shame to always use the same species. You have to dare to try different fish to enrich our menus and thus take advantage of all its properties, without falling into routine monotony.
We can bet on seasonal fish adapting to each season, and we always have the resource of practical and economical frozen fish. If you do not have much experience preparing it, do not hesitate to consult your fishmonger or asking you to leave it clean and ready to grill.
The oven admits large whole specimens -besugo, seabass- or in individual ration pieces, easier to distribute – horse, mullet. We can also cook clean portions of the larger species – salmon, cod, hake – or simply choose clean fillets. Most recipes admit preparing the garnish in the same container, saving us even more work.
1. Baked mackerel with roasted vegetables
We preheat the oven to 180º C with heat up and down. We peel the potatoes and cut them into thin slices, wash and cut the peppers and tomatoes into slices, the onion into slices, and chop the garlic cloves well. We grease a bowl with a quarter of the oil, we place the potatoes mixed with the onion, we salt and we add the tomato, the green pepper and the minced garlic, we rectify the salt. Add the wine, the lemon juice and half the water, and bake for 45 minutes, making sure that the vegetables do not remain dry. We place the fish, clean, salty and with some lemon slices and add the rest of the water. We bake for 15 minutes.
Complete recipe | Baked mackerel with roasted vegetables
2. Fish with pepper en papillote
- Ingredients for 2 people. 2 clean ration fillets of white fish, 1 Italian green pepper, 1 large ripe tomato, 1 clove of garlic, 50 g of white onion, pitted green olives, dried thyme, extra virgin olive oil, black pepper and salt.
- Elaboration. We immerse the tomato in a pot with boiling water and blanch it for a minute. We remove it from the water, cool it and peel it. Cut it in half, remove the seeds and mash it to make it puree. Crush the garlic clove, finely chop it and add it to the tomato. Season with half a tablespoon of olive oil, salt and pepper. We place aluminum foil in a pan and roast the pepper until the skin is burned. We put it in a plastic bag for 10 minutes so that it sweats and we can peel it easily. We remove the filaments and the seeds and cut into julienne. We grease some sheets of aluminum foil with oil and spread a generous amount of the tomato and garlic puree, on which we place the fish fillet. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and thyme. Cover with the onion and pepper and add some olives. We close to form our papillotes and bake at 180º C for 30 minutes.
Complete recipe | Fish with pepper en papillote
3. Baked snapper on your bed of potatoes
- Ingredients for 4 people. 1 snapper of a kilo and a half clean and ready to grill, 4 potatoes, necessary fish broth, 1 onion, 10 ml of extra virgin olive oil, coarse salt.
- Elaboration. We preheat the oven to 190º C. We peel and cut the potatoes into 0.5 cm thick slices, and distribute them on a baking tray without clumping too much. Sprinkle with salt and add a little bit of olive oil. We bake about 15 minutes. Add the fish stock without exceeding the height of the potatoes and place the snapper. If you want you can also add an onion cut in fine julienne. We grill the fish for about 20 minutes, ten on each side. When you turn it over, it is likely that part of the beautiful skin of the fish will remain in the slotted spoon or in the tool you use to bake the snapper on the other side.
Complete recipe | Baked snapper on his bed of potatoes
4. Dorada a la Marseillaise
- Ingredients for 2 people. 2 portion breams, cleaned and open, or 4 bream fillets, 1 red onion, 1 clove of garlic, 2-3 tomatoes, 1 tablespoon of capers, 2 anchovy fillets, 1 tablespoon of pitted black olives, 1/2 lemon, 1 glass of white wine, oregano, parsley, salt, black pepper and extra virgin olive oil.
- Elaboration. Preheat the oven to 200ºC and grease a baking dish with oil. Cut the onion into fine julienne strips and arrange at the bottom of the pan. Chop the garlic clove with the anchovies and add them. Cut the tomatoes into thick slices and place them on the onion as well. Season with salt and pepper and add a little oregano. Bake for 10-15 minutes, until the onion begins to be tender. Season the breams and place them on top of the vegetables. Sprinkle with the lemon juice, the white wine and spread the capers and sliced olives on top. Bake for another 10 minutes and serve with oregano and parsley.
Complete recipe | Dorada a la marseilles
5. Baked salmon in papillote
- Ingredients for 2 people. 200 g of clean fresh salmon, 100 g of onion, 1 green Italian pepper, 2 carrots, black pepper and salt.
- Elaboration. We cut the cleaned vegetables into thin sticks or julienne, of the same size. We put them in a silicone case or in a package made with baking paper or aluminum. To do this, we cut a piece of about 60×30 cm and fold it in half. We add a little salt, a splash of wine, another of olive oil and a little water. We place the salmon cut into pieces of about 50 or 60 g, close the case or package with some folds that ensure that it will be more or less hermetic. Cook in the microwave for 4 minutes at maximum power or in a preheated oven at 200º C for about 15 minutes.
Complete recipe | Baked salmon in papillote
6. Baked mullet
- Ingredients for 4 people. 4 red mullet, 2 lemons, 1 bay leaf, 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar, 2 cloves of garlic, 50 ml of extra virgin olive oil, salt and black pepper.
- Elaboration. We will start by preparing the red mullets that we will have previously asked our fishmonger to de-escalate. We remove the viscera, opening them lengthwise, and wash them well. We place them in a baking dish, add salt and pepper inside, place the bay leaf on the tray and add a mixture made of the juice of half a lemon and apple cider vinegar on top. We preheat the oven to 200º C. In a frying pan we heat the oil and add the sliced garlic, browning it a little. We pour this garlic over the mullets and bake them for about eight minutes.
Complete recipe | Baked mullet
7. Roasted sea bass with “root” vegetables in cider
- Ingredients for 3 people. 3 clean ration seabass or 1 large, 2 medium potatoes, 2 carrots, 1 turnip, 1 parsnip, 1 kohlrabi or turnip, 1 lemon, 400 ml of cider, thyme, rosemary, granulated garlic, 1 pinch of ground cumin, parsley, extra virgin olive oil, black pepper and salt.
- Elaboration. Preheat the oven to 200º C. Wash and peel all the vegetables. Cut the potatoes into wedges and the rest into sticks or cubes. Grease a baking dish with a little oil and add the potatoes and carrots. Cover with 1 glass of water and 1 glass of cider, season and add thyme and rosemary. Bake for 15 minutes. Add the rest of the vegetables, half a glass of the remaining cider, granulated garlic and ground cumin, mixing well. Return to the oven for 20-25 more minutes, making sure it does not dry out. Season the cleaned fish with black pepper, parsley and a little more cumin, add lemon juice and add it to the source. Add the rest of the cider and bake for a few minutes, until the sea bass is just right, depending on its size. Serve with a little lemon.
Complete recipe | Roasted sea bass with “root” vegetables in cider
Three easy and quick baked recipes, to eat well without messing up
8. Baked cod
- Ingredients: 450 g of desalted or fresh cod, 1 onion, 1 red bell pepper, 4 cloves of garlic, 2 cayenne chillies, 1 bay leaf, extra virgin olive oil, ground black pepper, salt and white wine (optional).
- Elaboration: Preheat the oven to 180ºC and prepare a glass dish or similar. Cut the onion into julienne strips and the washed pepper into strips, discarding the seeds and internal filaments. Laminate the garlic, reserving them separately. Combine the vegetables in the pan, lightly salt, add the bay leaf and a generous drizzle of olive oil. Mix well and bake 10 minutes; stir and continue baking for another 8-10 minutes, until the onion is very tender. Meanwhile, prepare the fish by drying it with kitchen paper and letting it warm up a bit. Place on the vegetables, adding another drizzle of oil on top and, if we have, a little white wine. Return to the oven. Prepare a garlic sauce while the fish cooks. Heat a bottom of oil in a small frying pan and cook the sliced cloves with the cayenne at a low temperature, taking care that they do not burn. They should be golden brown and crisp. When the cod is ready, after about 15-20 minutes, depending on the thickness, pour the contents of the pan over the fish and serve immediately.
Complete recipe | Baked cod