If you are one of those who love wine and also spicy flavors, this red wine ice cream with basil is for you. We share a recipe for you to enjoy its incredible flavor.
It may interest you: Red wine mousse: the perfect dessert this season
Basil Red Wine Ice Cream Recipe
- 700 ml of red wine
- 500 g of frozen berries
- 150 g of sugar or sweetener of your choice
- 5 basil leaves
Don’t miss: 5 wines to enjoy this spring
- Blend the fruits, wine, basil and sweetener until you get a homogeneous mixture.
- Pour the mixture into a glass bowl and cover. Put it in the freezer and let it sit overnight or for 8 hours.
- Serve with the help of an ice cream scoop and decorate with some basil leaves.
You are interested: 5 basic tips to taste a good wine
Curiosities of red wine to enjoy your dessert
- The Greeks knew wine as “the drink of the gods” because there were very few who could enjoy it (it was very expensive and difficult to obtain).
- Both Greeks and Romans had their god of wine: the Greek Dionysus and the Roman Bacchus. Despite having different names, it was the same entity. He cared for the wine harvests and was also the god of fertility.
- It is believed that it was the Iraqis and Iranians who invented the wine.
- The oldest winery is also believed to be over 8,000 years old, and this one is located in Georgia.
- There are many types of grapes to make different types of wine: hence there are different ones: Cabernet, Sauvignon and Merlot are the most popular.
Did you like this dessert? Discover more delicious recipes to enjoy this season in Easy Kitchen
Subscribe to your favorite magazines at susubscription.com