The 25 recipes with beef
to delight your family.
Beef is one of the basic foods in the diet of Mexicans, therefore, there are many and varied recipes with beef accompanied by various ingredients. We share the most delicious and original ones for you to enjoy with your family. Take note!
You are interested: 22 very easy and fast steak recipes
Beef in the Mexican diet
There are many ways to prepare beef, which makes it one of the most popular and consumed by Mexicans.
According to statistics from the Mexican Meat Council, Mexico is in 6th place in the consumption of beef worldwide, after Argentina, Brazil, the United States, Turkey and South Africa, respectively.
And according to data from the El Economista portal, beef is one of the main products of value in the agricultural sector, investing about 110 million hectares dedicated to livestock production.
Do not miss: In its origins, the pozole included human meat of Very Interesting Mx
Most used types of cuts
These are the cuts most used to prepare recipes with beef:
- Neck: used to make stews and broths.
- Steak or steak: used for stews, breaded and ground meat.
- Rib: for the broths.
- Rump: used to make grilled, baked or broiled meat.
- Sirloin or mignon: meat used to cook on the grill, in the oven or on the grill.
[Te interesa, de nuestros amigos de Vix: 4 alimentos que podrías sustituir la carne]
- Loin: juicy and tender meat to make roast-beef.
- Espaldilla: it is the mass from which the meat and steaks are extracted. It is prepared like ground beef.
- Skirt: cut that can have little or a lot of fat, depending on whether it is extracted with the bone. This is where the salpicón is prepared.
You are interested: Get softer cuts of meat
Tips to eat meat in a healthy way
- Avoid consuming more than 500 g of beef per week, per WHO recommendation.
- Try not to expose the meat to fire, since high temperatures can favor the appearance of substances related to cancer.
- Organic meat: there are certifications that guarantee that the beef is of better quality and with a healthier process for the environment. So you check your products and the place where you buy them.
- Avoid consuming saturated meat as much as possible, since this is the one that contains the most saturated fats that affect the arteries and produce cholesterol.
- Always eat beef with a side dish. The most recommended are the vegetable portions. You can also bathe your cuts in lemon to promote their digestion.
- Make sure the meat is always well cooked, as raw meat can cause bacterial poisoning.
- The meat should ideally be 70 degrees done. When it acquires a grayish color it means that it is ready to be consumed.
- Do not keep beef stews for a long time, as it loses its properties and can generate carcinogens.
Curiosities about beef
- The cost of beef rises in the dry season, due to the lack of grass and therefore little food to feed large livestock.
- Tongs are better for eating beef than forks, since when you prick it, it loses its juice and, therefore, its flavor.
- The favorite garnishes to accompany a rich steak are mashed potatoes and cream of spinach.
- Thicker steaks require less heat, as cooking a thicker steak over high heat will cause the exterior to burn long before the interior is cooked enough.
- Experts recommend letting the meat rest before serving it, this will help the meat juices to retract and stay inside the meat and not on the plate.
You are interested in: Make the reheated meat juicy
Recipes with beef
Steak with potatoes in red sauce
Craved something delicious but quick for your meal? Do not miss this steak with potatoes in red sauce, with the flavor of home that you love so much.
Steak with aromatic potatoes
The delicious flavor and aroma of this steak with aromatic potatoes will captivate all your guests. Know the recipe and learn how to prepare it!
Meatballs quick recipe
For those days when you have little time to be in the kitchen, learn how to make these quick recipe meatballs. Everyone at home will be fascinated by its taste.
How to prepare cuaresmeño peppers with picadillo
Is a party coming up at your house? We have a delicious snack for the occasion: serve these delicious cuaresmeño peppers with picadillo. Follow the step by step to prepare them. You are interested in: Tostones …
How to make spaghetti with meatballs and tomato sauce
Learn how to make this delicious spaghetti with meatballs and tomato sauce like a true expert. All you have to do is read our instructions very well and buy …
Soldadera steak: a very traditional dish
We know that you really like traditional flavors made with beef, that’s why we have brought you this delicious soldadera steak. We give you the recipe for …
Steak fajitas with roasted nopales
We can’t deny it: taquitos are the perfect food. How about preparing some with these delicious steak fajitas with roasted nopales? Don’t think twice and prepare this …
Turkey Nut and Beef Stuffing
If you are looking for an original and very rich filling, we recommend this turkey filling with beef and nuts, which perfectly combines the traditional flavor …
Super delicious ground beef stuffed squash
New dish in sight! Pumpkins stuffed with ground meat, don’t you fancy them? On occasion we recommend you take advantage of the pumpkin season in Castilla and use it in this …
Asparagus with meat on quinoa
Super snacks also exist and if you don’t believe us it’s because you still haven’t come across these delicious asparagus with meat on quinoa, so the time has come …
Tostones stuffed with picadillo
Tostones stuffed with picadillo is a dish originally from Cuba. It is made with banana, potato, carrot, capers, among other ingredients. What do you say, will you give it a try? Know the recipe! …
Rice noodle with gluten-free ground beef
Are you ready to devour a delicious pasta again? Well, pay close attention to this recipe and indulge yourself with this wonderful rice noodle with gluten-free ground beef; go back to…
Huaraches with rib
Despite knowing succulent dishes from other parts of the world, none compares with Mexicans, since the unique flavor and dedication that is put into each …
Pumpkins and spatter
If you don’t like vegetables, but you know you should eat them, don’t worry, there are dishes that combine a good dose of meat with these rich foods, like these pumpkins …
Roasted onions with ground beef, raisins, cinnamon and walnuts
We present you a dish that surely you will not believe exists, but yes, it is real and not only that, it is extremely delicious wherever you look at it, we just …
Beef steak with pesto with cambray potatoes
Internationalize your kitchen with a delicious beef steak with pesto and cambray potatoes. Let’s do it! Prepare this fabulous beef steak with pesto with chambray potatoes to …
Ground beef patties
Lose your fear of certain dishes. Ground beef patties are not difficult to make if you follow our recipe. With whom would you share this delicious empanada? Learn more recipes with …
Cecina enchilada tacos
How many tacos of jerky enchilada would you eat? Go on…