Like every Sunday with the family, we have the opportunity to cook something delicious to have a good time. And this Recipe for green enchiladas with roasted chicken is ideal. Don’t miss the step by step!
It may interest you: 12 recipes for enchiladas with irresistible flavor
Recipe for green enchiladas with rotisserie chicken
- Preparation time: 30 minutes
- Servings: 4
- 1 roasted chicken breast
- 2 cups of Manchego cheese grated
- 1 kg of green tomato
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1 serrano pepper
- 1 clove garlic
- ¼ onion filleted
- 1 cup coriander leaves
Do not miss: 5 typical dishes to enjoy Mexican food
- Boil the tomato with the chili, garlic and onion quarter, when they are cooked, blend with 2 cups of the same water and parts of the coriander; salt pepper.
- Shred the breast, fry the tortillas in oil and form tacos. Bathe with the sauce and add cheese.
- Bake at 180º C for 10 minutes or when the cheese is gratin, add onion and finish with coriander leaves.
You are interested: Mexican food to celebrate the pride of our country
History of enchiladas
This delicious Mexican dish it is of ancestral origin. Before the arrival of the Spanish to America, they were known by the name chillapitzalli, which means “enchilada flute”, and which basically consisted of an omelette accompanied by chili peppers.
Not everyone was in charge of making the chillapitzalli: the tlacualchiuhqui She was a cook who was in charge of folding and rolling the tortillas to make this dish.
When the colonial period arrived, this pre-Hispanic dish underwent a transformation and other ingredients were added such as cheese, cream and more elaborate sauces were prepared.
And, of course, it also changed its name, to a simpler pronunciation that perfectly described its flavor: enchiladas.
Did you like this recipe? Then stay in Easy Kitchen and discover more delicious ideas for family breakfast