If you want to expand your knowledge of international cuisine, you have to learn to prepare an authentic recipe for arepas stuffed with meat and chicken.
It may interest you: Chia arepas with tuna
Recipe for arepas stuffed with meat and chicken
- 1 Cup of water
- two tbsp. of oil
- two cups beef, cooked and shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 chopped bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- two cups of flour for arepas
- 1 chile guajillo
- 1 chicken breast cooked and shredded
- 1/2 cup of mayonnaise
- 1 cup sliced lettuce
- two chopped tomatoes
- 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 1 chopped serrano pepper
Do not miss: The best dishes you must try: from tacos to feijoada
- Mix the flour with the water and olive oil; Shape the mixture into balls and flatten to a diameter of 10 cm. Grill the arepas on a griddle over medium heat; Open them carefully with a knife to fill them. For the meat filling, fry the pepper with the tomato, paprika and cumin until a thick sauce forms; blend and season, mix with the meat.
- For the chicken filling, simply mix the shredded chicken with the lettuce, parsley, serrano pepper, lemon and mayonnaise.
You are interested in: Bogotá, a unique city
WHAT ARE THEY?
Arepas are a typical food from Colombia, Venezuela, Panama and Bolivia, their origin dates back to pre-Columbian times when the indigenous communities that covered the territory, mainly from Colombia and Venezuela, used corn in their diet.
The basic arepas recipe is made from ground dry corn dough or precooked corn flour, they are characterized by having a circular and flattened shape, which is later filled.
You can’t miss: The 7 best markets in the world
CURIOSITIES OF AREPAS
- In other parts of the world it is known as tortilla, changa or tijitafum.
- Some sources say that the name comes from the word “erepa” which means corn.
- It is very common to eat them for breakfast, but they can be eaten at any time.
- The exact territory in which it arose is not known.
- There is also the recipe for banana and yucca arepas.
- Every second Saturday in September, World Arepa Day is celebrated.
Find more food recipes in Easy Kitchen
Subscribe to your favorite magazines at susubscription.com