Who said you can’t improvise some delicious chicken cannelloni with spinach? We give you the steps and tricks to prepare them, exquisite!
It may interest you: Cannelloni stuffed with spinach and cheese
Chicken cannelloni with spinach recipe
For the cannelloni:
- 300 g of shredded chicken breast
- 20 plates of cannelloni
- 300 g of fresh spinach, washed, disinfected and in strips
- 150 g of grated cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
For the bechamel sauce:
- ¾ liter of milk
- 40 g of flour
- 30g butter
Don’t miss: Cottage cheese cannelloni with zucchini
Instructions for chicken cannelloni with spinach
- First, place the spinach in a bowl of hot water. When the water begins to boil, remove and reserve.
- Fry the breast with a drizzle of olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Remove when it looks golden.
- Sauté the spinach in the same skillet as the chicken. Put them well drained and with a little salt. Reservation.
- In another pot, boil the pasta with a little salt: insert the pasta plates one by one when the water begins to boil.
- For the bechamel: put the butter in a pan and add flour as soon as it melts, stir until the flour is slightly toasted,
- Add the milk at room temperature and stirring constantly. Add salt, a pinch of black pepper and a pinch of ground nutmeg. You can add a little more milk if you want it clearer. If you have lumps, you can strain it or pass it through the blender.
- Chill the pasta: remove some of the cooking water and cool with water to stop cooking. Stretch one of the plates home on a clean cloth.
- For the filling: place the chicken in a bowl and add the spinach along with the bechamel.
- To fill the cannelloni, pass a napkin over each plate to remove excess water. Place a tablespoon of filling on each of the plates and roll the cannelloni with the filling well distributed.
- Put a layer of béchamel on a baking sheet to prevent them from sticking. Spread the béchamel with a spatula and place the cannelloni on top. Put a layer of the grated cheese on top.
- Finally, bake at 200 ° C with heat on top for 10-15 minutes.
Discover more delicious recipes for lunchtime in Easy Kitchen