The peppermint It is one of the most popular herbs for a simple reason: its medicinal properties are many and provide relief from various ailments ranging from a stomach ache to relaxing after a long day.
And not only that: it also has a wide culinary use in stews, desserts and drinks. We invite you to continue reading so that you know everything that this herb does for you.
It may interest you: 10 delicious and healthy herbs that you must try
Health benefits of peppermint
- For digestion: it is famous for its use to relieve stomach problems, as it is a natural carminative and antispasmodic; that is, it relieves digestive system disorders such as gas, bloating, nausea, indigestion and colic.
- Headache: it has the ability to relieve headaches, because its aroma is relaxing, either by inhaling it or also by rubbing a little oil on the temples.
- Against irregular hair growth: didn’t you know? Drinking two cups of peppermint tea a day reduces the level of androgens in women, which causes excessive hair growth on the face, chest and stomach, which is known as hirsutism.
- For bad breath: because peppermint is antibacterial and antimicrobial, chewing its leaves helps prevent bad breath and prevents dental hygiene problems that occur due to an excess of bacteria in the mouth.
Don’t miss out: Are you feeling overwhelmed? Small actions to improve your emotional state
How to use it in the kitchen
- This popular herb is refreshing as well as aiding digestion and is used in cooking in soups, stews, desserts, alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks, and as a decoration for countless dishes.
- Its leaves can be cut and put in a jar to preserve them; as they dry, their aroma and flavor will intensify.
- You can also arrange them in trays to make ice cubes and then add them to the lemon water.
- A very simple way to enjoy its pleasant flavor and enjoy its benefits is in drinks: you can prepare a lemonade and include a few mint leaves, which will give it a unique touch.
- It is also delicious combined in strawberries, whether you include small pieces in strawberries with cream or also prepare a strawberry water with mint leaves. You will be fascinated by its taste!
Discover more beneficial foods for your health and nutrition in Easy Kitchen