One of the home activities that takes the most time (and even energy) is washing dishes. And acquire a dishwasher it becomes a tempting option to save a few minutes and effort.
Before you make the decision, know the pros and cons of having a dishwasher at home so that you can choose the best option for you.
It may interest you: 5 tips to give your home personality
Pros of having a dishwasher
- Convenience: A dishwasher is perfect for forgetting about carving so many dishes, especially after a large family meal where we use several pieces of dishes.
- Take care of your hands: you can forget about scrubbing so many dishes and not only that: the contact of the chemicals that dish soap brings, plus the dryness of the water.
- It does not use so much energy: a myth about the dishwasher is that it increases the cost of electricity a lot, but it is not the case if you know how to use it correctly. This depends a lot on the technology you decide to acquire.
You can’t miss: Healthy cooking: avoid fat with the right utensils
- You save water: A practical function of the dishwasher is that you can control the use of water. But of course, as in the previous point, you must know how to handle the device correctly.
- Improve hygiene: you can forget about drying your dishes with kitchen towels, which accumulate germs, since the dishwasher takes care of washing and drying.
Do not miss: Green trends: aromatic plants to decorate your home
- The price: although there is a wide variety of brands and prices, you should know that dishwashers are a luxury that you should weigh before purchasing.
- Maintenance: Like any appliance, a dishwasher needs maintenance, and misuse could lead to repairs.
- Damage to utensils: Another risk is that if you do not know how to arrange utensils correctly, they could be damaged during washing. In fact, it is recommended not to use it with expensive dishes for the same reason.
You are interested: Easy tips to make pots brighter and cleaner
- Double work: if you thought you could forget about frets, sometimes it may not be like that. If food is very stuck on utensils, the appliance may not be able to remove it.
- Another soap: One reason the dishwasher is not the most attractive appliance is that you have to use special soap to use it, and it is more expensive.
- It takes longer: like washing machines, the dishwasher has a wash cycle that can last up to two hours! (Do the math, how long does it take to really wash your dishes?
Follow Easy Kitchen and discover more tips to improve your lifestyle