Keep the potato pancakes from falling apart! Only
you need to follow this advice.
Making this dish for many people is not as easy as you think, it requires time, effort, practice and above all a lot of patience. But do not worry, prevent potato pancakes from falling apart with a simple trick. We share some tips for you to apply the next time you cook them.
The potato is one of the favorite ingredients of every cook because it is very handy, versatile and basically adapts to any dish, however every lover of the kitchen must learn how to make potato pancakes without breaking them.
Nutritional properties of the potato
If this is one of the vegetables that you eat the most, it is very important that you learn everything it offers you.
- Potato is a type of complex carbohydrate, which makes it a 100% natural energy source
- Provides the necessary daily proteins to the body
- They have a high level of antioxidants and essential nutrients
- Has vitamin C, B6, B3 and B9
- Contains minerals such as potassium, manganese, and magnesium
General tips for cooking potato
- When choosing them, make sure that they have a fine and not very mealy meat, you will recognize them by their yellow skin and oval shape.
- If you will cook several, try to make them the same size, so they will reach their ideal point at the same time, it should be medium.
- To improve its cooking, with a knife you can make a mini hole in the surface of each potato.
- Never remove the skin before cooking, this will prevent them from breaking during the process.
Prevent potato pancakes from falling apart with these tips
- When you start cooking, add the salt and the potatoes at the same time that the water begins to boil, so they will have a good cooking point which will give them more consistency when mashed.
- Let them simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, check that they are well cooked before turning off.
- Cool quickly before peeling, for example you can empty them into a refractory with ice, that way they will be ready to follow your recipe.
- The difficulty of potato pancakes is that they tend to break when you fry them, to avoid this use a little egg and flour when preparing them.
- Another way to make potato pancakes without breaking them is to include a teaspoon of powdered milk when preparing the puree, to give them greater consistency.
- It is best to use your own palm as a measure to make each pancake, that way they will not be so big that they can break when put in the oil.
- To avoid that the filling of the pancakes comes out, it is best not to fill them too much and take care that they are not too crushed and that the potato layer covers everything well.
- After frying it is important to drain the pancakes on a piece of absorbent paper.
Learn more cooking tips at Easy Kitchen