Have you already heard about him ash broth? This is a biocontroller that can help us control pests and also works as an ecological insecticide and organic pesticide.
Today we explain more fully what it is and how you can easily prepare it at home.
It may interest you: How to make a homemade compost with your kitchen waste
Benefit of ash broth for your plants
Ash is the product obtained by the combustion of any organic or inorganic matter, and it is defined as the last state of matter. But this does not mean that this residue becomes useless.
On the contrary, ash, as compost, provides soluble minerals that are very useful for plants. These include phosphorus, magnesium, potassium, calcium, copper, iron, manganese, and zinc. This makes it an excellent fertilizer that improves the acidity of the soil.
The ash broth, in addition, has another ingredient such as yellow soap, which prevents the appearance of malignant fungi, drives away insects and eliminates pests.
Do not miss: Tips to start a garden at home
What kind of ash can I use?
There are two types of ashes that you can use to make this broth:
- Wood: it is composed of sodium carbonates and potassium carbonate.
- From bones: it has calcium phosphate, known as phosphite. This contributes phosphorus and calcium to agricultural soils.
You are interested: 5 organic homemade fertilizers for your garden and your indoor plants
How to make the ash broth
- 2 grated yellow soaps
- 22 l of water
- 5 kg of sieved ash
- Heat the water and, when it is about to boil, add the soap and ash. Mix well.
- Stir for 20 minutes and then let it cool.
- When cool, strain and place in a bottle or container with a lid.
- To apply on your plants: use ½ liter of broth for every 20 liters of water.
- In trees: use 1 liter of broth per 20 liters of water
Eye: this broth should be used in the daily watering that you do to your plants and / or trees.
Tip: we recommend watering before noon or at sunset for best effects. Avoid doing it when the sun is up.
Discover more tips to take care of your home and garden in Easy Kitchen