With this heat, you want to eat a fresh dish, just like this one octopus ceviche with melon. Did you already know him?
Follow the recipe to discover this delicious combination, perfect for this season!
It may interest you: Rice pasta with roasted octopus
Octopus ceviche recipe
- Servings: 4
- Preparation time: 20 minutes
- 1 cup of octopus cooked and chopped
- 4 tbsp. red onion filleted
- 4 tbsp. chopped cilantro
- 1 tbsp. chopped serrano pepper
- 2 tomatoes finely chopped
- 4 lemons in juice
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 11/2 cups large diced green melon
Do not miss: Tips to prepare fish and seafood without complications
- Mix all the ingredients except the melon, salt and pepper and marinade for 10 minutes.
- Plate the melon and distribute it into glasses. Spoon the octopus ceviche on top and serve.
You are interested: Guide to choosing the freshest fish and seafood from the supermarket
Octopus benefits that you should know
Octopus is not a food that we usually eat on a daily basis, and that we may consume more during Lent and Easter. However, it has properties and benefits that make it worth eating more often. Here we share them:
- It offers quality proteins and healthy fats for the body.
- It provides iron and calcium, in addition to containing group B vitamins.
- Helps control blood sugar levels.
- Take care of heart health and prevent cardiovascular accidents.
- Helps digest fats optimally.
- Avoid the appearance of symptoms of weakness.
- Prevents anemia.
- Increase muscle mass.
- It is a very low-fat food, making it ideal for dieting.
- It also helps prevent and control depression.
Have you already prepared this delicious octopus ceviche? Then we invite you to know more delicious easy, fast and inexpensive recipes in Easy Kitchen