In 2010, the Mexican gastronomy It was declared part of the Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity by the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO).
Therefore, the cuisine of Mexico is considered a crucial element of national identity, thanks to its history, creativity, significance and, especially, its diversity.
That’s right: each State of the Republic has its own flavors, aromas and colors, leaving national and foreign tourists with a very good taste in their mouths.
Which of all the destinations in Mexico is your favorite to enjoy Mexican food? Find out with this fun quiz.
Do not miss: The 5 best Mexican food recipes
Facts you should know about Mexican Gastronomy
- One of the most common ingredients in Mexican dishes is the habanero pepper; however, this food is originally from Cuba.
- Mexico is the first producer of chili in the world, and with the largest variety.
- Many dishes native to Mexico include insects, such as the maguey worm, jumiles, and grasshoppers.
- There is a myth that the pozole was prepared with human meat from warriors defeated in battle before the arrival of the Spanish; however, it is possible that it was made with xoloizcuintle meat.
- The main ingredients of the Mexican diet are chili, beans and corn.
- Interestingly, the first Mexican rice recipe was published in a New York cookbook!
- Not only is there a great diversity of dishes: the ingredients and the way of preparing them also vary from the north to the south of Mexico. That is why it is considered one of the most varied cuisines.
We know that you can no longer want to try Mexican dishes, that’s why we share the special Mexican food of Easy Kitchen, find it in different points of sale!
Potosine enchiladas, for a delicious family meal
We share the recipe for enchiladas potosinas so that at your next meeting at home you surprise everyone with this classic dish.
Traditional chiles en nogada
Don’t wait until September to enjoy some delicious traditional chiles en nogada. We tell you everything you need to prepare them.
Rajas tamales with corn and cheese
Share with your whole family this delicious recipe for rajas tamales with corn and cheese. They are perfect for a special occasion.
Red chicken pozole
Yes or yes you have to learn to cook red chicken pozole, if you wonder why, the answer is simple: its flavor is irresistible.
Authentic cochinita pibil tacos
Authentic cochinita pibil tacos come to your kitchen from Yucatán. Enjoy its flavor with the recipe we have for you.
Tlayuda with grasshoppers
Mexican cuisine can be very curious, we invite you to prepare a delicious tlayuda with grasshoppers and try a new flavor. What are they? Grasshoppers are insects that belong to …
Chicken mole enchiladas
Do you want to eat something great? These chicken mole enchiladas will make you repeat a plate. Know what you need to start preparing them and enjoy a great …