The bougainvillea It is a common plant in many gardens, discover how you can take advantage of its medicinal properties to improve your health.
Don’t miss: How to cook with hibiscus flowers
Bougainvillea, also known as bougainvillea, Napoleon or veranera, is a genus of flowers of the family Nyctaginaceae, originating from the tropical forests of South America, mainly from Peru, Brazil and Argentina.
It is characterized by being a shrub that can be up to 12 m high, they can be guided as vines or as an independent shrub and are distinguished by their flowers that can be of different colors, such as white, yellow, pink, magenta, purple and red. .
You are interested: 5 reasons to have plants in your kitchen
Benefits of bougainvillea
- It has natural antibiotic properties so it can be used to treat respiratory diseases.
- Reduces dry cough and helps eliminate phlegm.
- Reduces fever, thanks to the fact that it is antipyretic.
- Improves the functioning of the lungs as it increases their oxygenation capacity.
- Fight constipation.
- It has antiseptic properties so if it is applied to the skin it helps fight acne, infections and flaking.
- Accelerates wound healing.
You are interested: How to prepare a thyme infusion and what are its benefits
Attention!: Bougainvillea can cause allergic reactions, so if you want to know more about this remedy, it is best to consult your doctor.
It may interest you: Having fresh flowers reduces pain and stress
How to prepare an infusion?
- 6 bougainvillea flowers well washed
- 1 cup of water
- Bring the cup of water to boil, when it boils add the flowers.
- When the water changes color, remove from heat.
- Let stand for 5 to 10 minutes, strain and serve.
- You can add a teaspoon of honey to give it more flavor.
Don’t miss: Fill your life with flowers
Curiosities about bougainvillea
- It is a climbing plant that blooms all year round, but its buds can especially be appreciated in summer.
- In addition, it is one of the plants that has several colors: white, yellow, fuscia pink, purple, orange and red. In fact, they can be found in two colors.
- Among its species it can be found as a vine, shrub and even tree.
- They are a favorite to decorate outdoors, as they are very resistant and do not need as much care.
- It can measure up to 12 meters in height.
- He loves to get tangled up in other plants and trees, achieving really beautiful effects in nature.
- It is native to South America, and its name comes from a French military man who discovered the plant in Brazil in the year 1768.
Find more health and nutrition tips in Easy Kitchen