The lychees They are one of the most curious and healthiest tropical fruits, find out all the benefits they bring you when you eat them.
It may interest you: How healthy is it to extract juice from fruits and vegetables?
WHAT ARE LICHIS?
Lychees or lechias, are a tropical fruit tree native to southern China, it can reach a height of up to 12 meters, its flowers and leaves vary from a yellowish white or greenish color, but it is distinguished by its fruits that bear the same name. .
The fruit is characterized by having a rough skin that ranges from pink to deep red, while its white and juicy pulp is very popular for its sweet to sour taste.
You are interested in: What is capulín and what are the benefits of eating it
LICHIS: DISCOVER ALL THE BENEFITS OF THIS TROPICAL FRUIT
- They are a great source of vitamin C, even more than some citrus fruits, so it increases the defenses and protects the immune system.
- Its antioxidants fight free radicals and reduce damage to the body’s cells.
- They have anti-inflammatory properties that help fight muscle and joint problems.
- They provide vitamin B and folic acid, both of which are good for liver function.
- They favor the production of collagen, ideal for smooth skin and delaying aging.
- Its magnesium improves circulation and blood production, which reduces heart problems.
- They improve the absorption of some nutrients such as iron.
- They are good for reducing and controlling sugar levels.
- They provide potassium and have low sodium levels, making them a diuretic option for people with high blood pressure.
- They contain soluble fiber, ideal for good digestion.
- Good for relieving stomach pain and gastritis.
- They promote good development and growth in children.
- Ideal for good nutrition in older people who suffer from decalcification.
- They improve the functioning of the nervous system and provide energy, thanks to its potassium.
You’re interested: Lychee mousse cookie
You are interested in: Benefits of raisins and delicious recipes to enjoy them
HOW TO CONSUME THEM?
One of the richest and most delicious ways to enjoy this fruit in addition to the natural and fresh option, is to use them as an ingredient for desserts and drinks, to prepare a delicious drink you just have to blend 1 cup of peeled and boneless lychees, with 3 cups of water and sweeten to taste.
Find more health and nutrition tips in Easy Kitchen