We know your addiction from basket tacos. And we also love this Mexican invention that gets us out of trouble when we walk down the street.
But so that you also satisfy your craving when you are at home, we tell you how to prepare the most delicious tacos de canasta, tastier than those of the man on the bike that is on the corner.
You are interested: How to prepare a homemade top of tacos al pastor?
Origin of these delicious tacos
The cradle of the basket tacos is in the State of Tlaxcala; more precisely, in the municipality of San Vicente, where, by the way, the “Feria del Taco de San Vicente Xiloxochintla” is held every year, on the first Sunday in December.
The oldest taco in the town, Marcial Balderas, was one of the initiators who started selling these tacos riding a basket full of this delicious appetizer on his bike.
[Acompaña tus tacos de canasta con una salsa de guacamole. Encuentra la receta en Vix: Receta de guacamole]
Approximately 80% of the families in this town live off the basket taco business, so you can give yourself a great treat if you visit the region.
How to form the tacos
- Heat oil in a frying pan and lightly fry the tortillas (give them a “pasadita”) and put them on a plate.
- Divide the stews between the tortillas (one tablespoon) and fold them to form the tacos.
- Quickly, arrange them in the basket to prevent them from getting cold, cover them with brown paper, put a plastic wrap and thick jargon on top to keep the heat and “sweat” the tacos.
You are interested: What are stew tacos and how to prepare them
Assemble the basket
Line the inside with a clean flannel, preferably new, put three sheets of brown paper on top, then place a plastic so that it covers everything inside the basket and place another three sheets of brown paper on it.
Tips to make them more delicious
- All casseroles should be dry to prevent the tortillas from soaking and the tacos from falling apart.
- To give them more flavor, add a layer of glazed onion every 5 tacos.
You are interested: Are carnitas tacos really healthier than a granola bar?
Stew recipes for your basket tacos
Potato basket tacos
The classics not to be missed in the taquiza. We teach you how to prepare some delicious potato basket tacos to which you will become addicted.
Bean basket tacos with chorizo
Just as you tried them! Prepare these delicious bean basket tacos with chorizo and surprise everyone with its flavor.
Pressed pork rind basket tacos
To end the craving, prepare these pressed pork rind basket tacos. We give you the recipe to make them irresistible.