Is a taquiza coming with your friends? You have the opportunity to show off, learning how to make delicious blue corn tortillas, so good that they will ask you for more.
It may interest you: Popcorn: a food against aging
Blue corn tortillas recipe
- 2 cups blue cornmeal
- 1 cup of hot water
- ¼ cup of hot water
Do not miss: Benefits of eating corn tortillas
- First, combine the flour with the salt, add a little water and knead perfectly before adding more water.
- Keep kneading until you get a homogeneous, smooth dough that is easy to handle (the sign is that when pressed, it should retain its shape without breaking).
- Cover the dough with a clean, damp kitchen towel. Let it rest for half an hour at room temperature.
- Form balls that fit in the hollow of your hand and flatten them with the help of a tortilla machine. Prevent the dough from sticking by placing the dough between two plastics.
- Finally, brown the tortillas on a comal over the fire and turn when the edges turn an opaque blue color.
Cooking tip: Keep the tortillas wrapped in a clean kitchen cloth or towel and, if you are going to refrigerate, put them in a plastic bag to preserve their texture.
You are interested: The pre-Hispanic history of why we eat tamales on Candlemas Day
Why are these tortillas blue?
Blue corn tortillas are made with a cob that is this color. The particular tone of this cob is due to anthocyanins, a natural pigment that works as a powerful antioxidant and gives corn very valuable nutrients.
Among the benefits of anthocyanins are:
- Protect the capillaries of the retina.
- In addition, it helps to strengthen the cardiovascular system.
- It has a powerful antioxidant effect, which delays aging and protects from free radical damage.
- They are also antiviral: they help fight various infections and colds.
Because you liked this recipe, discover more delicious recipes that are very easy to prepare at home in Easy Kitchen
And subscribe to your favorite magazines at sususcripcion.com