The handmade soaps They never go out of style, as they are made with 100% natural ingredients and also have an exquisite aroma, in addition to taking care of your skin. So you can forget about the chemicals that come with commercial soaps.
We have good news for you: today you are going to learn how to make yours at home with the aromas that you prefer the most. Read on and follow our magic formula to make them.
Do not miss: Benefits of aromatherapy and how to practice it at home
Handmade soaps step by step
- 250 grams of saponaria powder or leaves (plant to generate foam)
- 1 ½ liter of water
- 450 grams of olive or almond oil (you can also use neutral oil)
- 100 grams of oil, essence or natural extract (can be lavender, coconut, eucalyptus, mint)
- Pieces, petals or twigs of the ingredient with which you want to make your soap (it has to be the same as the extract or essence)
- 1 pot for boiling water
- Molds for your soaps (if you can’t find them, you can use cookie molds, or small tuppers)
It may interest you: Do you know how to apply your perfume perfectly? Here 8 tricks to make your smell last longer
- First, in a pot, heat the water and remove from the heat when it begins to boil.
- Add the saponaria and cover, let it rest between half and an hour.
- After time, strain the water avoiding traces of saponaria.
- Add the oil of your choice and the extract, oil or essence that you are going to use to the water. Dissolve until you get a homogeneous mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the molds and add the pieces, petals or twigs that you are going to use.
- Cover the molds with film and a cloth. Keep in the refrigerator until the soaps harden and you can unmold them.
- Finally, let it rest for a week or 2 so that the ingredients are concentrated and your soaps have a better structure.
Discover more tips for your lifestyle and homemade tricks in Easy Kitchen