Children love to imitate everything that mom and dad do, and surely they have seen you cook delicious recipes. They too can get the most out of their creativity, if you prepare a fun edible modeling clay!
We teach you how to prepare it with homemade ingredients and with very easy steps so that together you can have fun as a family. Let’s cook!
You are interested: How to make slime with your children step by step
Make edible play dough
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1 cup of powdered milk
- Gummies, sprinkles and candies to decorate
- Mix all the ingredients until you create a homogeneous mixture until you have a plasticine texture.
- If you like, you can use natural colorants to change the color. Separate a portion, roll it into a ball and add a few drops. Mix until the color appears homogeneous throughout the portion.
- Play with your children to form fun food figures and decorate them with gummies and other sweets.
You are interested: 12 sandwich recipes for children, very rich and quick to prepare
Benefits of cooking for children
- Increases your confidence to carry out activities and make decisions.
- It is easier for them to learn to eat healthily from a young age.
- Cooking helps them develop their fine and gross motor skills.
- They develop autonomy by performing easy tasks like peeling bananas, knowing about portions, or mixing ingredients.
- They encourage creativity by being in contact with various ingredients, aromas and textures.
- They learn to work in a team and develop their communication.
- They have fun with an activity and have fun moments, since the development of easy recipes is seen as a game.
Learn more tips to cook with your children in Easy Kitchen