Surely you already saw this little fruit in the market but you still do not dare to take it home. After knowing all the benefits of nanche, surely you are going to write it down on your errand list, because it has great properties that you are going to want to take advantage of.
It may interest you: 10 benefits of banana that you will not believe
What is nanche?
It is also known by the names of changunga, nancite, nanchi or nance, and it is a pulpy fruit that goes from yellow to red when ripe, and is slightly smaller than an olive, with a hard and round pit.
Its name comes from Nahuatl nan-tzin, name of the goddess Tonantzin or Cihuacoatl, which means “mother”.
The fruit belongs to the tree of the same name, which is a small tree with a crooked shape, which grows throughout tropical America (especially in Central and South America and also in various regions of Mexico).
The nanche season is between the months of April to the end of May or June. In Mexico, the main producers are Guerrero, Michoacán and Nayarit.
Do not miss: Meet the jinicuil, a very healthy Mexican fruit
What are its benefits?
- It is rich in fiber, which prevents gastrointestinal problems, promoting the mobility of the digestive system and avoiding constipation.
- It is also rich in carbohydrates that provide energy.
- Strengthens the immune system, thanks to its high content of vitamins A, E and K.
- It is low in calories: it provides around 70 calories per 100 grams, which makes it ideal for dieting.
- It is good for the skin: it is used as a traditional remedy to heal scabies infections, rashes and minor wounds.
- In addition, it acts as a natural analgesic, relieving various body aches thanks to its manganese content.
- Helps fight cold symptoms.
- It reduces the possibility of contracting heart diseases, such as metabolic syndrome and hypertension.
- Its vitamin E content improves capillary walls, giving the skin greater elasticity and moisture.
- In addition, it lowers lead levels in the blood.
- Various studies confirm that nanche helps prevent various types of cancer, such as mouth, lung, throat, stomach, colon, esophagus and rectum.
Discover more great foods for your health and nutrition in Easy Kitchen
Subscribe to your favorite magazines at susubscription.com