Herbal infusions are one of the oldest home remedies. Today we want to teach you What is oregano tea for?, and one of the most popular and beneficial.
It may interest you: Benefits of bay leaf tea and how to prepare it
What is oregano tea for: know this spice
Oregano is a species of plant that belongs to the Lamiaceae family, native to western and southwestern Euroasia and the Mediterranean region. It has been used as a condiment for centuries, which has made it one of the most popular and used herbs in the world.
Oregano stands out among all the species in the world for having great properties and benefits, which is why for centuries it has been used as a condiment and home remedy. The most common is to let its leaves dry, and then use it as an ingredient in different recipes, oils and infusions.
Without a doubt, oregano is an extraordinary herb that helps improve health and nourish your body, because it has a large amount of important minerals such as calcium and potassium, as well as antioxidants and vitamins.
It may interest you: What is the difference between tea, herbal tea and infusion?
What is oregano tea for: benefits
- Relieves stomach pains and intestinal spasms.
- It is excellent to relieve the discomfort of menstruation, reduces inflammation and colic.
- It is recommended to accelerate wound healing.
- Thanks to its expectorant and antiseptic properties, it is recommended to treat respiratory diseases, especially bronchial diseases.
- It works as an antibiotic that helps fight microbes and bacteria.
- It is a great natural antioxidant, so it fights free radicals and slows down aging.
- Fight headaches.
- Its flavonoids are excellent for improving circulation and preventing cardiovascular problems.
- Decrease acne.
- It can be used as an insect repellent.
- It has sedative properties that treat anxiety, insomnia, and sleep problems.
It may interest you: What you should know about avocado pit tea
How to prepare oregano tea?
- It is really simple, you just have to boil a liter of water and add a handful (2 teaspoons) of clean oregano leaves, they can be dry or fresh.
- Boil for three minutes, remove from heat, let stand five minutes.
- Strain the leaves and serve. You can sweeten it with a teaspoon of honey.
Do not miss: The benefits of nopal: your ally in quarantine
To know exactly the amounts and how long you can drink oregano tea, it is best to consult your doctor, since abuse or misuse can have side effects.
Discover different health and nutrition tips in Easy Kitchen