Sauces are the secret that gives more flavor to each dish and surely this hibiscus sauce It will be one of your favorite recipes to always accompany your table.
The best thing about sauces is that they complete the flavor of the dishes in a unique way and this hibiscus sauce is ideal if what you like are spicy flavors with a sweet touch.
It may interest you: 12 super good benefits of hibiscus water
Jamaica sauce recipe
- 1 onion girl
- 1 cup of water
- 1/4 cup of vegetable shortening
- two cups of hibiscus flower
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1 garlic clove
- 5 dried arbol chilli
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- Salt and pepper to taste
- A pinch of brown sugar
Don’t miss: Delicious Jamaican margarita!
- Make a concentrate of hibiscus by boiling the flowers in the liter of water, as if to make water. Strain and reserve the flowers and concentrate separately. Chop the flowers, onion and chilies; Brown them over medium heat in a saucepan along with the vegetable shortening and blend 1 cup of the hibiscus concentrate with the garlic clove.
- Place the consommé, ginger, salt and pepper and a cup of water in a pot. Mix until reduced and thick. Add a pinch of brown sugar for a sweeter touch.
TIPS FOR COOKING JAMAICA
- If you are going to prepare water for a few people, we recommend using a small amount of hibiscus.
- You can buy it in bulk at a local market and store it in a glass jar, in a dry place so that the humidity does not cause the growth of fungus.
- Before using, wash with plenty of water and disinfectants as it may have dust and dirt.
- Boil it over medium heat to avoid burning.
- After boiling the hibiscus, strain and use the flowers for your recipes and the liquid to prepare water.
Discover more delicious recipes in Easy Kitchen to pamper your whim