Missing an ingredient when cooking can be a nightmare, especially if it’s too late to go out and buy it or you can’t find it in any store. Well today we are going to teach you how to substitute ingredients in the kitchen easily and with other elements that you already have in the kitchen.
Not only are you going to solve a problem for now, you can also save some money and take advantage of what you already have. Take note and cook!
It may interest you: Basic ingredients to make salad dressings
How to Substitute Ingredients
- If you require powdered sugar For your cakes, breads or desserts, put the necessary amount of white sugar in the blender and grind it finely for five minutes or until you get the desired result.
- Combine 2 cups of whipping cream with 1/4 cup of powdered sugar and you will get something similar to Chantilly cream. To be successful, put the bowl on plenty of ice when blending.
- Mix 1 cup of plain yogurt, or 1 of whole milk, with 1 tablespoon of lemon juice or vinegar and let stand 5 minutes before using instead of jocoque.
- What baking powder you can use 100 g of cornstarch combined with 100 g of baking soda and 50 g of cream of tartar; close them 6 six times before adding them to your recipe.
- Mix 1/2 cup of tomato puree with 2 tablespoons of sugar, 1 tablespoon of vinegar, and 1/8 teaspoon of powdered cloves. The result? ketchup.
- If plain yogurt is lacking, you can try Philadelphia cheese or sour cream in the same amount that you were going to use.
- Are you missing a vinaigrette for your salad? Use a little jam of any flavor (the one that remains in the jar is fine), add two tablespoons of olive oil, a dash of vinegar, salt and pepper and shake well.
- Prepare a plantain puree to substitute el egg in various recipes, such as cakes or pancakes.
- Garlic powder, roasted or minced is an excellent alternative to garlic Salt and it will leave an excellent flavor in your meals.
- In order to bread Milanese or fillets, use oatmeal or ground amaranth. Not only will it give it an exquisite flavor, your recipe will also be much healthier.
Discover more useful tips in Easy Kitchen, your best option to cook the most delicious recipes
Read on: What’s the difference between gratin and frosting?