Do not miss the step by step of how to prepare
antibacterial gel at home.
Before you totally panic about the pandemic the world is in, we teach you how to prepare homemade antibacterial gel and cash. Follow the step by step.
It may interest you: Is excessive use of alcohol gel bad?
What is antibacterial gel?
Alcohol gel, also known as disinfectant gel, is a product that is used as a complement to the cleaning routine to wash your hands. It is a product whose function is to stop the spread of germs, if it has 65% of the alcohol it kills 99.9% of the bacteria found on the hand in just 30 seconds.
It is important to note that the World Health Organization has highlighted that no gel is more effective than washing your hands correctly, it is only a complement for a good cleaning.
You are interested in: Eating habits to prevent coronavirus
How to prepare antibacterial gel
- 250 ml of 96º ethyl alcohol (1 glass or 1 cup)
- 7 ml of hydrogen peroxide (1/2 tablespoon)
- 30 ml of boiled or distilled water (2 tablespoons)
- 5 ml glycerol or liquid glycerin (1 teaspoon)
- Add the alcohol to a container.
- Add the hydrogen peroxide, followed by boiled or distilled water, finish with the glycerin and mix very well.
- Pour with the help of a funnel into small containers.
- Let stand one day.
- Apply with 5 direct sprays to the palm of the hand and rub for 30 to 60 seconds over all hands.
You are interested in: How to wash your hands correctly
Do not miss: 5 measures against COVID-19 that do not work and are still being used one year after the pandemic
Helpful tips for preparing antibacterial gel
- The key for an antibacterial gel to be functional is that it must have a concentration of at least 60% alcohol.
- The use of disinfectant gel should only be when soap and water are not available.
- To protect yourself completely, antibacterial gel is not enough, you must also wash your hands properly.
- It is best to apply the gel after washing your hands with soap and water.
- Apply the gel to the palm of one hand, then rub both hands together and rub it all over the place up to the fingers.
- Wait for the gel to dry before continuing your activities.
- You can use it to clean some surfaces or devices with which you have contact, mainly your cell phone and computer, just apply a little on a clean cloth.
Find more health tips in Easy Kitchen