Today we are going to teach you how to make mincemeat, as delicious as the one your grandmother prepares. Pay close attention and prepare it to enjoy it with some good toasts. Do you fancy the idea?
It may interest you: 16 recipes with beef hash to share with your family
How to make mincemeat
- Preparation time: 40 minutes
- Servings: 4
- 1 kg of ground beef
- 1 cup green peas
- 6 cooked tomatoes
- 1 cup of carrot in cubes
- 1 piece of chipotle chile pepper
- 2 cups of chicken broth
- 1 package of tostadas
- 2 lemons
- ½ filleted lettuce
- 1 cup of cream
- 2 dried bay leaves
- 1 cup of double cream cheese
- ½ cup coriander leaves
- 1 cup of green sauce
Don’t Miss: Red Meat Isn’t So Bad After All, New Study Claims
- First, place a saucepan over high heat and fry the meat.
- Blend the tomatoes with the chipotle, chicken broth and pour over the meat, add the peas, carrots, potatoes and bay leaf, boil until slightly reduced, season with salt and pepper.
- Serve the picadillo on toast, add lettuce, cream and cheese.
- Finally, finish decorating with coriander and accompany with green sauce.
You are interested: What you need to know about red meat
A very international dish
Although in Mexico this stew is very common on Mexican tables, the name picadillo is attributed to different international dishes that include ingredients that are very minced (usually beef).
- For example, in Spain, various salads are called picadillo, in addition to the fact that they usually chop the chorizo and then marinate it.
- In Costa Rica they prepare a dish of Andalusian heritage that consists of a stew of minced meat with spices, accompanied by achiote and pieces of vegetables.
- Cuban picadillo, on the other hand, includes bell pepper, garlic, onion, potatoes, and capers. Although they also have another version that is served with kidney beans and rice.
- Puerto Ricans, on the other hand, prepare a picadillo to fill empanadas. It is a minced meat sautéed with olive oil, annatto and spices.
- In addition, in the Dominican Republic, they make it with pepper, red onion, tomato paste, bouillon cube, olives. capers, boiled egg, raisins and even apple cider vinegar.
What combination do you crave the most?
Discover more delicious recipes to prepare quickly and without complications in Easy Kitchen
Subscribe to your favorite magazines at susubscription.com