One of our favorite lunchtime drinks is lemonade, and you don’t have to break your head about how to make lemon water. In short, get out of trouble when you don’t have much time to do something more elaborate.
And, although it is very delicious, we know that it can get a bit boring if we drink it all week. That is why we want to share with you these tips to make an original and different lemon water. Take note!
You’re interested: Lemonade recipes to refresh you
Why Lemonade Is Great For Mealtime
- Promotes good digestion
- Strengthens the immune system
- Helps eliminate fluids (it is diuretic)
- Supports healthier skin
- Fight constipation
- Avoid respiratory system problems
- Alkalizes the pH in the blood
- Cleanses the small intestine.
What lemon to choose for your drink?
Lemon green or yellow? Both are fruits closely associated with vitamin C, they have antioxidant properties and are a staple in the kitchen. Which prefer?
- It has about 45 mg of vitamin C, 75% of the recommended daily value.
- Its flavor is sour, somewhat sweet and is very aromatic.
- It is a staple of Mediterranean gastronomy.
- It contains less citric acid than green lemon.
- It provides 20 mg of vitamin C, 33% of the recommended daily consumption.
- It has an accentuated acid taste.
- Essential in the kitchen of all Mexico.
- Its aroma is less intense than yellow.
You’re interested: Delicious and refreshing drinks to beat the heat
The best lemonade
Have you already chosen which lemon to use? Then put a twist on the traditional recipe and make it more refreshing for the summer, make your lemon water Italian soda style.
- ¾ cup of sugar
- 2 tbsp. yellow lemon zest
- 3 tbsp. yellow lemon juice
- 5 tbsp. lemon zest
- ½ cup of lime juice
- 2 cups of green mineral water
- Ice cubes Mint leaves
- In a pan, boil the sugar with a cup of water, stirring so that everything is incorporated. Allow to cool, add the zest and juices.
- Let rest and strain the syrup, divide the ice into 4 glasses, serve the syrup and mineral water.
- Garnish with the mint leaves.
Another refreshing option
Another option that you can make quick and easy to enjoy your lemon water is the following:
Add a little sweetener in mineral water and, later, lemon juice. You can add a few slices of lemons and some mint leaves to give it a very special touch.
Discover more tips so that your drinks taste sensational in Easy Kitchen