Make candles It is one of our favorite activities to do at home, as they are very easy to do and we can put delicious aromas that give a relaxing touch to our home.
If you also want to learn how to make candles, keep reading and discover the easy step by step that we share with you.
It may interest you: Benefits of aromatherapy and how to practice it at home
How to make homemade candles
- 1 wax stick
- Aromatic essences of your choice (it can be lavender, eucalyptus, lemon, cinnamon, rosemary or any other that you like).
- Waxed wick
- 1 candle holder (preferably glass)
- Twigs, petals or slices of the plant that corresponds to the essence that you are going to use (if it is lavender, some twigs, or lemon slices, in case you choose this aroma).
- 1 pot pewter
- Coloring, optional
Tip: you can also do them in different ways. You just need to get the molds. You can use metal cookie cutters, if you like.
Do not miss: A play of colors and the influence of aromas
- First, put the wax stick in the pot. Preferably, cut it into several pieces or use the grated cheese to grate and make it easier to melt.
- Once the wax has melted, add a few drops of the essence that you are going to use (be careful: only use one essence for each candle that you are going to use).
- If you want to use coloring, this is the time you can use it and add a few drops, depending on how intense you want the color of your candle.
- In addition, place the twigs, petals or slices in the container for your candle.
- Lay the waxed wick lengthwise and carefully pour the melted wax in little by little. Let it cool.
- Finally, wait for the wax to completely solidify and it is ready to use.
Have a very relaxing time! Remember that you can use your candles in a home spa. We also explain how to prepare it!
Discover more lifestyle tips and tricks for your home in Easy Kitchen