Now is the time to decorate your Christmas tree! To give it a different touch this year, we teach you how to make cookies to decorate with materials that you have in your kitchen. It is a very fun and original activity!
It may interest you: 5 infallible strategies of the Christmas DIY. Get inspired by crafts
How to make cookies to decorate: step by step
- Dough cutters of different models
- 1 fine-tipped wooden stick
- Thin nylon yarn, ribbon or yarn (to hang your cookies)
- Vegetable food coloring of different colors
- Waxed baking paper
Do not miss: 24 Christmas cookies to accompany the holidays
- 125g butter
- 90 g of brown sugar
- 140 g maple syrup
- 320 g of sifted flour
- 2 tbsp. ginger powder
- 1 tbsp. chemical yeast
You are interested: Ideas to make an Advent calendar with children
- First, place the butter and sugar in a bowl and beat until you get a creamy consistency.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix until you have a homogeneous dough again.
- Remove the dough from the bowl and make a ball with your hands. Place between two baking papers and stretch perfectly with the rolling pin (ideally, leave the dough 6 to 6 cm thick).
- Let it sit in the refrigerator overnight.
- Take the dough out of the refrigerator, and remove the top parchment paper.
- With the help of the cutters, cut the cookies and place them carefully on other baking paper.
- Take a wooden stick. Another could be a fork. Punch a small hole in the top of each shape.
- Bake for 12 minutes and wait until golden brown.
- Take the cookies out of the oven and wait for them to cool to start decorating them to your liking.
- Let the vegetable paint dry to be able to attach the cord.
- Put them on your tree! It will look magical.
Discover more cooking tips to spend a delicious Christmas in Easy Kitchen
Are you planning your Christmas dinner? We give you the best tips to choose your Christmas turkey: