You want plant strawberries at home? This little fruit is much easier to grow than you might think. You only need a few materials to be able to enjoy your own fruits.
Take advantage of this early spring to sow them, as it is the best season to do so. Follow the step by step!
It may interest you: How to disinfect strawberries to perfection
How to plant strawberries step by step
- 2 or 3 large strawberries
- 1 medium pot
- Organic soil
- Adherent plastic
- Small pots (depending on the number of plants you want)
Do not miss: Discover everything that strawberries can do for your skin
Step by Step:
- First, carefully remove the seeds from the strawberries (these are the ones on the outside of the skin.
- Rinse and dry in the sun for 48 to 72 hours.
- Later, add the soil to the medium pot and make small holes in it. In these, place the seeds. Spray with the help of a spray bottle. Be careful: too much water can cause fungus to grow.
- With the non-stick plastic, cover the pot and wait for them to germinate.
- When the sprouts come out and are about to touch the plastic, remove it.
- To transplant the shoots, make sure that the distance between one and the other is 15 to 25 centimeters.
- Use the small pots to transplant, they can be pots up to 10 centimeters deep.
- Finally, put the plants in a window. You do not need to be in direct sunlight.
What did you think of this easy step by step? Remember that in Easy Kitchen you can find more practical tips for your home and garden, how to learn to transplant from one pot to another
Keep reading: Winning, simple and cheap ideas to turn your terrace or garden into a private oasis