Fruit gnats torment all kitchens especially during the hot season, so we tell you how to get rid of them easily.
What are they?
We have all seen those little fruit bowl insects fly and we call them fruit gnats, however in reality they are small flies that, although they are normal, can become quite a nuisance.
The famous fruit gnats are attracted to your kitchen by ripe or old fruits, so they are a sign that tells you that you can no longer consume certain fruits, but if you do not pay attention they can put larvae that will only produce more and more insects and of course they will affect the rest of your fruits.
But calm before you panic and the next time you see one of those tiny mosquitoes flying around your fruit bowl you want to run to throw everything, we recommend you follow these tips to kill fruit mosquitoes.
You are interested: 13 uses of wax paper that you have to know
How to eliminate fruit gnats?
Wash the fruit:
Clean each piece with soap and water, this way you will prevent its sweetness from attracting flies, this is the simplest way, but not all fruits can be washed so easily so you will need another medium.
[Lee más tips de cocina en Vix: Te decimos cómo congelar frutas y verduras correctamente para no salir de casa]
Anti insect plants:
Take advantage of the strong aroma of some plants to ward off fruit flies and other insects. The options that you can put in your kitchen are:
You are interested in: The best 5 plants for the kitchen that you should know
Set a trap:
- In a jar put a decomposing fruit and a little vinegar.
- Make a paper cone and glue it to the mouth of the jar, leaving the narrowest part on the inside.
- Leave it in a part away from the fruit bowl, so the mosquitoes will be trapped but will not be able to get out.
Anti mosquito spray:
- In a spray bottle, mix 1/2 cup of water, 1/4 cup of apple cider vinegar and 3 tablespoons of citronella essence.
- Shake vigorously so that all the ingredients are integrated.
- Spray the mosquitoes and you can scare them away so they don’t come back.
Find more quick tips in Easy Kitchen