If you want to cook chicken, one of the basic techniques is knowing how to divide it into parts. Do not worry! Here we teach you how to cut a chicken in very simple steps.
You will need a good knife, proper scissors, and a bit of dexterity (which comes with practice). In addition, with this procedure you can split all kinds of birds such as turkeys or ducks.
You are interested: Learn how to marinate chicken as a professional
Split the center and clip the wings
After learning how to cut a whole chicken, continue to cut part by part:
- The center of the chicken consists of the middle part of the bird, without the legs and the rump, that is, the breasts and wings attached to the bone.
- If the breasts are to be cooked on the bone, make a cut in the middle to divide the breast in two.
- If you are cooking the breasts in fillets, separate them from the bone. Start with the wings and work your way down the contour of the bone.
- The wings can be separated from the breasts with scissors or a sharp knife (right photo). The meat of these chicken pieces is very tasty and it is a shame not to use them as part of any stew.
- It can also be incorporated into other pieces to make a chicken broth or a stock to be used as a base for making other dishes.
You’re interested: 30 easy chicken recipes for every day of the month