The poblano peppers They are a staple for cooking delicious Mexican recipes. And, with the right tips to prepare them, they can be delicious for any dish you want to cook.
So take note of these tips to prepare good poblano peppers and share these tips with your family and friends, and enjoy delicious dishes as if they were in the very city of Puebla. Let’s do it!
It may interest you: Poblano pepper marinade
Tips for cooking poblano peppers
- When you buy them, check that they have a bright green color; If you see light colored, orange or red spots, be careful, because it is an indication that they are old.
- Are you planning to prepare them stuffed? It is important that you choose the largest and that they are whole, so that you have enough space to fill it and the content does not come out.
- Preparing poblano peppers can be cumbersome because of the peeling process. Simplify it by baking them until the shells start to peel off. Tattoo them: bag them to make them sweat and finish them under the stream of water: you will remove the skin and the seeds very quickly.
- If you want to remove the itch, after rinsing them, immerse them in water with a little salt and vinegar for half an hour (try not to exceed that time, otherwise they may become impregnated with vinegar and modify the flavor of the dish you are planning to make).
- Make a perfect weathered by separating the yolk from the white. Beat the whites with a pinch of salt until reaching the point of nougat, add the yolk and, to obtain firmness, add 1/4 tablespoon of flour for each egg you use.
- They say that the best accompaniment to some poblano peppers are red rice and black beans. If you don’t know what to accompany your dish with, these are rich options.
- If you are going to keep the poblano peppers fresh for a few days, refrigerate them in the vegetable drawer, but do not store them in paper or plastic bags.
Don’t miss: Delicious Poblano rice
Do you already have the perfect poblano peppers to cook them? Here we suggest some recipes that you can enjoy at home to pamper your palate and your family in this national month.
Stay in Easy Kitchen and discover more tips to prepare your favorite recipes
Traditional chiles en nogada
Don’t wait until September to enjoy some delicious traditional chiles en nogada. We tell you everything you need to prepare them.
How to prepare green rice with corn and poblano pepper
If you thought you had already tried everything, today we show you how to prepare green rice with corn and poblano pepper.
Poblano peppers stuffed with carnitas
We bet you hadn’t come up with such a delicious combination. Don’t miss out on trying some poblano peppers stuffed with carnitas.
Poblano chili cream with roasted skis
This poblano chili cream with roasted skis is one of the dishes of Mexican food that you cannot stop trying. Follow our recipe and learn how to make it. …