We are a few days away from leaving home again, and something that women always carry with us is makeup. It is vital to keep clean makeup accessories, since they could be potential contagion factors, have you already thought about it?
We put brushes, sponges and other utensils in direct contact with our face, and it is very important that they are clean, disinfected and, of course, not shared with anyone!
That is why here we share how to clean your makeup accessories so that you do not run any risk, you can safely fix yourself and you look super good every day.
You are interested: Be careful with the beauty products you share!
Makeup accessories to keep clean
These protect even more bacteria than brushes and other utensils, so washing them is very important.
- Let the sponge rest in a bowl of hot water and antibacterial soap. The next day, rinse until the foam disappears and let it dry. Preferably wash once a week.
You’re interested in: Aloe Vera mask for smooth, blemish-free skin
Brushes and / or brushes: makeup accessories that you should not stop cleaning
It is not only important to keep them clean due to a possible contagion of coronavirus. In addition, not giving them the necessary hygiene could cause acne problems. It is very easy to wash them:
- Put some baby soap in warm water, stir and wet your brushes and brushes with it. Rinse with lukewarm water and dry on a clean towel. Repeat every 8-10 days.
Cases of shadows, masks, mascara and lipsticks
These, for obvious reasons, can only have a superficial cleaning, but it is still important.
- Preferably, try to remove the shadows from the case before cleaning. If this is not possible, close it tightly and avoid shaking it so that the powder does not come off. Also lipsticks, masks and mascara should be perfectly closed when you clean them.
- To wash them, you need a perfectly wrung out damp cloth. Run it through all your accessories and pat dry with a towel or napkin.
You are interested: Milkshake beauty mix with natural ingredients
How long do the makeups last?
In your cleaning of makeup accessories you should also think about discarding those that have already been in your cosmetic bag for a long time and that no longer serve or lose their effect. We share how long you should keep them:
- Mascara or mascara: 4 to 6 months
- Eyeliner: 4 months
- Make-up base: from 6 months to 1 year
- Powders: highlighters, blushes and bronzers: 2 to 3 years
- Lipsticks, glosses and lip liners: 2 to 3 years